N16 SR16VE

yeah i know mate, i was just hoping to have it ready so i could put it down the line, but it will just have to wait till next time :yes: just the exhaust to do for it to be roadworthy, which should be straightforward enough, i think lol

thanks :) yeah it was a bit of a pain as I ended up having to strip near the whole engine loom, and that's a lot of plastic conduit and tape lol, and of course it would have been much easier if I'd done it before I put the engine in but at least its done now
well I'm glad it's done. :) This is why I stripped the loom down and built it up on the bench and made sure it started before it went into the car.

but I don't see why you would have had any problems with the wiring darren, being as the wiring diagrams are readily available for the engine and car you used? I only had troubles cause the ve loom is completely different to any of the other n15 looms and there are no reliable sources for the relevant info :/

- sent from my android device, no iSheep here -

I never had any problems with wiring lol. The only problem I had was the MAF which I thought was the GTi MAF but it was not, I only thought it was the GTi MAF as it was a straight plug in and the P10 ones I had was not and required modifying the loom.

sorry, I thought with you saying you had to strip the loom that you had wiring trouble, luckily for me I came accross a ve maf from hally pretty much by chance! well off to do the exhaust today, maybe be driving it by the end of the day :shades:

sorry, I thought with you saying you had to strip the loom that you had wiring trouble, luckily for me I came accross a ve maf from hally pretty much by chance! well off to do the exhaust today, maybe be driving it by the end of the day :shades:

Good luck with the exhaust today mate. Hope it all goes well and you can get some mother lobe action by close of play. Rebooked an MOT yet?

Would be great to hear she's passed & a video of the sound she makes once the 'zorst is 'run in'. They always sound different after a few days. :) Kingy's was silent when he first had his done & a bit gutted, but after a few days the bass line started coming through. I guess yours will be a lot fruitier :wink:

thanks guys, didn't get the exhaust done due to the motor factors giving me the wrong size sleeve, then on the way back nistro lost the back end of his car on an oil slick on a bendy b road and ended up taking a huge chunk out of the front grid offroad and scratched the whole rim on the rear one, as well as buckling the lower arm. the worst of it is if he had another meter of space he could have saved it :(

so tomorrow will be the day for getting it running, and i have to admit a fail on the mot, turns out i was looking at the mot slip for the w reg and not my 51 reg :eek: so my mot isn't actually due till the end of august! so as soon as the exhaust is done i'll be getting her to play with and hearing those lobes kick in, will be a happy day for sure but it's seriously marred by what happened to nistro's car today, which i love as much as my own! but a replacement wheel will be ordered from rare rims tomorrow and a new bottom arm picked up tomorrow too so hopefully nistro's car will be good as new by the weekend :yes:

well I stripped down the loom to work out what wire does what so I can learn more about it (I also done the conversion at my own pace so when it was done it was done rather then rushing it). Also I ran some extra wires when it was stripped down to bare bone so I could run extra wires in for gauges*so that I don't have to run wires all over the place when I need to fit gauges. I think my MAF is the same as the VE MAF or Autech one. Its the one with the cast design similar to the P10 ones but has a Almera GTi MAF plug. (larger diameter with a smaller hole and a seprate hole for the sensor, I know that Dale plugged his GTi MAF straight into his Autech)

*I ran the
o2/lambda, oil pressure switch, water temp gauge, tacho, wires straight into the loom rather and into the ECU rather then running them all around the car like the P10 was originally. There are also extra wires for oil temp, oil pressure and boost gauge wires that are currently unused and warped up in the loom so when I need the wires they are already there. everything was wrapped up in brand new plastic to make it look like a virtually new wiring loom.

Sorry to hear about all your troubles guys, but hopefully things will go a bit smoother from now on. :) Will have to visit soon - maybe next Sunday ?

you guys are welcome any time, Martin yeah this weekend as planned will be fine, my car will be back on the road in the next couple of hours, then I can begin stripping the w reg in prep for scrapping it so you can finally have your bits lol, sorry again for the Mega wait!

Nice one mate. Looking forward to a run in this now. No worries about the wait. You had other shit goin on which is understandable. I'll give you a buzz on Friday.

sunday will be fine guys i will get the requirements in for the mega breakie rolls and will ask the wife nicly to make a cake but on more important news.....

the VE has just rolled out the yard under its own power for the first time so from a previous post

IT LIVES!!!!!!!

test drive is tommorrow he is nurseing it home tonight so he can get home, tommorrow is seal a few things off give the o2 sensor its live which we found today lol seal a leak in a cooling pipe(he has spoare coolent with him) then reseal the wiring loom and then begin rebuilding mine after my crash. So all going well we should have some vids of it running tommorrow :)

Excellent. Missed oot on 'Neens cake last time. Also, with another Nistro fry-up, we'll all be heading for cholesterol country. Sweeeeet. I'll just have to make sure that I'm allowed oot to play, lol. Convoy through Paul?

Back
Top Bottom