Raceworx P2 GTi

FINALLY

Although now I think you should drill some holes further down the bonnet clip bit and move the horns out of sight :)

only way it will go lower is with smaller wheels then you gain arch to tyre gap somthing im not after.. i like my filled look.. and i can still drive the car everywhere without it hitting everything!

I backed up into someones driveway and they cringed as the bumper snapped the cable ties off the wings and the splitter bent right back.
Drove off again and it was fine.

I do like your stance Ian, but it does need lowered MOAR

ahhh looks nice! was a ball ache of a splitter that like! god knows what was on it!
but at least you can rest assure it wasnt just the way you were spraying it that was causing the reactions :)

i think the flared arches we tried though is a must with some nice deeps!

edit:

ooh can i steal the photos to put in my thread pwease!

im gonan start putting a few pictures in of members cars i worked on!

corse you can dude.. its the least i ow ya..

ED the front is at the lowest it will go.. any lower the shock sticks out f the lower mount and rubs the drive shaft boot.. it did it on my red saloon on both sides i ended up needing 2 new boots!

also with the tires as wide as they are they catch the spring seats.. so there wound to maximum pre-load to clear the top of the tire..

so the only way to go lower on the front would be to get shortened Gen 1 shocks or K-sports or BC's or D2's ect.. monies i don't have.. also they would need front spacers to make the tires clear.. and again all the tracking re set up..

the backs will go allot lower but the exhaust already hits and the tires catch if you go fully compressed..

everyone who's followed my car on the road has said it looks sweet rolling.. it looks modified but i don't have to worry about hitting anything and i can actually give it a good thrash down some country roads without it breaking my spine or rubbing or hitting the bumper on anything..

curtis's wheels look great but the rear isn't low enough for me but i know from what iv had on mine his rear wheels will catch over bumpers and lumps even at that height .. and having it as low as say hard-cores just defeats the object of the car in the first place.. i have been there with an ultra low car.. i had to sit on my way to tommos with a bottle of vitel water stuck between exhaust the chassis and the road till it ground down enough to pop out on a bump..

all i want is to stiffen up the back springs and get an anti roll bar on the rear and enjoy sweet sweet grip and handling without having to worry about every pot hole rut or curb i come across.. there's nothing worse than having a fast car that you can't use because all it does is beach itself on the back roads..

:D

It doesn't work for me.:eek:

Needs to be slammed to pull it off.. Looks a little max power with the stance it has...:O

Again its differences in opinion on this, i like the slammed look with some stretch on the tyres, if all roads in the UK were smooth and clean it would work great..

But for day to day driving what you have set up is ideal (Y)

Mines going to need some plates welding on underneth soon as the engine support brace is wearing away! aha

What's the weather like up there?

Arch gap looks perfect and I'd have to concede, it probably is more tractical (that's giving more traction with the fatter tyres and practical as softer ride / wont bottom out) but imo it "looks" gay being so high with a mean splitter like that.

Back
Top Bottom