but it got cracked in the post :(

Photo201.jpg

so i repaired it using some fibre glass and resin

Photo203.jpg

Photo202.jpg

Gave it a couple of coats of primer and left it over night

Photo204.jpg

Photo205.jpg

now yesturday morning i got up early was just going to use the primer i had put on as my base coat but wanting to do it properly i used the last dregs of primer i had just to make sure.. left it an hour then put on my nicly mixed KG1 silver..

got 2 coats on and it looked loverly! went out for an hour in the after noon came back and arghhh whats happend!! where id put the last few bits of primer on had all peeled up!!

so i sanded it back and put some more colour on! looking good again.. left it for an hour came back and ARGHHH its done it again..

so left it over night sanded it back this morning put some new primer on and now thats fucking doing it aswell!!

i wanted it ready for tomprrpw as abit of a suprise but its no way going to be ready for then as im leaving it to dry till tonight then im going to have to take it back down to fiber glass re resin it then start all over again!!

with the cost of materials this plitter is not close to £230 friggin quid!! ARGHHHH!!!

but it looks so good.. in silver :)

Photo206.jpg

fucking painting sucks! im never ever ever painting anything.. im paying for shit to get sprayed..

Looks well in silver, bad look with paint, was it some sort of reaction between primer and finish paint?

duno dude its a reaction with somthing.. so im taking it really slow now once this next lot of primer has gone off rock hard gona flat it back again and give it more primer..

well i got a shot of it with its splitter on at york so ill put it in here hopefully wezz will get it to Q's tonight and i can go pick it up on friday :D

Photo207.jpg

also orderd 2 new front wishbones and droplinks of e-bau and having the tracking and squeeky back brakes done on saturday. so fingers crossed that should mean all thats left to do is stop the exhaust knocking by getting the 3" one fitted.. as the car is two low for the old one.. and get some 8kg/mm springs for the back suspention to tighten it up abit..

rarest grill rearest splitter... i need to secure the POV spec rear wing of simcard and it will be ultra rare.. shame its still got the usual rust!

Looks good, but you cant put primer on and leave it just 1 hour, you're far better leaving it at least 24hours, ive learnt the long way with painting, i havent got the patience either

yeah ian looks really nice, :thumbs:

but will you be cutting out the black inner grill bit on the bumper?
doesnt suit the nismo splitter imo :)
open mouth ftw

lol missus give me evil looks whilst talking you through it stoo tryign to go through checkout at supermarket :P

all good though! havent spoke to wezz yet so hopefully he will be dropping it with me tonight! then it should be all done for you coing up Friday and then we can get some photo whoring! whoop!

does look phat like!

i do like!

cheers.. i duno stu.. might do depends on if i can be botherd..

alan.. i left it overnight but i thought id do a proper job and put another bit on but trying to do it better made it worse lol... never again will paint anything!

Yeah, i feel the pain, ive done the exact same. usually when it starts to go wrong i just blast it with more paint, shout "FUCK IT" and then leave it to dry and put it back on the car and forget about it :lol:

yeah there was alot of fuck it shouted and also a full tin of primer blasted on! cos i was so fucked off with it.. Q will do me right hes the shit with paint..

give me a spanner and im happy give me some wet and dry and a cry...

Looks shit hot, hows the VE coming along?

cheers dude..

VE is still in the same place.. i want to get the chassis sorted first.. i don't want what happened with the saloon happening with this one.... still i need is bearings a water pump headgasget some work doing on the piston skirts and the money for a dastek and ill be away with it.. but thats gone be summer time at-least..

tommo you know your car is pure evil when its following someone!

Oh and on a sad note i just looked at when i fitted my tires..

was October last year so in 3 months exactly iv worn them from brand new to having 1mm left above the minimum bar!!!

there even wear though so the camber isn't out the tracking is WAY WAY out though so fingers crossed once its done on Saturday and the rears are on the front the car wont be such a pig to drive.. as it really is bad at the moment..

yeah they have been chewed up and spit out by shitty JDM super low suspention TOE or something grrrr.. wish i had gotten it done sooner but i just put up with it for the sake of 40 quid.. now itws gona cost 40 quid plus 2 new tyres!

Back
Top Bottom