Raceworx P2 GTi

wait for a long long time i was waiting for ages to find one.. there rare :D..

this thread is one of my boring ones.. all my other almera were alot more intresting :respect:

Cars gone in to be welded today! wish it look fingers crossed shes alright and i can get back to worting out VVL powers and some other goodies for JAE.. mayve :confused:

Well its back now! all welded up tight :D i had the guy weld a cover over the "bat caves" as i call them to stop them filling with shit.. so i have a flat inner arch now :D

also had to have the front chasis leg done as someone had put it on an axle stand a long time ago knocked the rust proofing off and it had made a right mess!

ill get pictures later in the week as im at emmas at the mo and dont have a jack! but im rust free and ready for anything :scooter:

picture content..

Photo607.jpg

Photo608.jpg

Photo609.jpg

Photo610.jpg

fuck bat caves!! :clap: no more rust for me fingers crossed! :sorcerer:

I hope theres either a shit load of underseal up in there or a hole to let air in.. else itl fill with moisture and rust shall occur

drill a hole in from the inside and fill it up with underseal :)

looks like a pretty good job that ian, sam im confused isnt there holes in the panel near the patches? above and to the right?

Right iv spunked all over my car Today!

Photo619.jpg

Photo620.jpg

Photo621.jpg

Photo622.jpg

Photo624.jpg

Photo625.jpg

as you can see she now looks like the inside of the atatue of liberty in ghostbusters!

fingers crossed this does the job for a couple of years :ninja:

New brakes arrived on thursday :D although im waiting on hoses i needed to get mine of the car to go on another one so i decided to fit these then i can just sling the hoses on a bleed them up after work in the week

Photo627.jpg

285mm 4 pot wilwoods.. should prove good enough for VVL action

i accidentally orderd 2 sets of pads wilwoods own smart plus pads and a set of green stuff fast roads.. im using the green stuffs for 2 reasons.. 1) they have a bedding in coating and 2) they come packaged with these sell adesive anti squeel pads which i thought was a good inclusion top marks on fitment aswell..

Photo628.jpg

Sexy billet adapter bolted on.. i put the bolts through facing the wheel well as i wanted to keep the nylock nuts that come with them away from higher temps just in case..

Photo629.jpg

brakes all bolted up 4 8mm bolts and shes all done :D super easy to change pads just remoive the gold retaining wire pull out then slide in..

Photo631.jpg

testing for clearence plenty with my mahooosive wheels :D carnt wait to get the braided hoses on there and get them bled up..

on a side note GTi brakes on a micra with stadard suspention makes the little bugger do handstands :sweatdrop:

the others had high temp paint on them.. but they just get to hot and flake so carn't be botherd..

ill give a good reveiw of sotpping power once the braided lines arrived.. but if your ordering a set be warned the price on rallydesign is without pads at a base cost of £39.50 for either the green or smart plus specifications.. and you will also need some custom made brakelines from rally design themselves.. at £50 then add vat at 17.5%... :ninja:

right hoses arrived after work today so they are now fitted and a full bleed has been done.. including the back brakes.. PTFE tape added to all joints just to mkae extra sure were sealed.. the bleed niple on the wilwoods are imperial though and tiny!! there 6.5m! or whatever that is in old english... so i had to file out a spare 6mm spanner..

now starts the bedding in.. they already feel sharp ater a wuick rounjd the block but im not hamering them untill they have cleared a few miles (read maybe make it to the end of the road)..

Photo633.jpg

Photo632.jpg

Photo634.jpg

:devil:

see how they perform over the next few days!

Back
Top Bottom