Raceworx P2 GTi

cheers dude..

well i drofve it for a short 15 mile blast.. the pedal travel has increased.. but im not sure if theres some air left in her.. shes rock solid without ign but as soon as you've got vacume assist you can force the pedal to what seems like the floor.. it stops well but i want more pedal feel maybe once ive done some more bedding in miles and the pads have worn of there bedding coating, i will re bleed it.. and have alook at getting rid of the ABS.. as the warning light has come up for that a month or so ago anyway.. see if i can get it feeling tight id love it if it was like it is without the brake assist :whistling:

is it me or does the fr pads look like a normal rear setup, quite small?

shouldn't need to 're bleed' pal, once its done its done really. as always with the clear tube on the nipple make sure the highest point of the pipe is a good 3' higher than the caliper and watch the tiny bubbles make there way up and out.

setup looks sweet
dd

Have the car facing up a slope ( or jack up the front ) then re-bleed. These will take more precise bleeding then stock calipers.

Car was jacked up at the front on a slope so the front was as high as you would need.. there was a shit load of air in the rears i dont know wher eit comes from it was only bled last year..

dont get me wrong she stops initial bit is great.. i just like a stiffer pedal..

you have to bleed each side of these calipers individually.. i did both fronts till there was no air for 5 full pumps.. then did the rears then went back to the fronts and they had air in them i think with them being sat for a few hhout calipers on the fronts air could be trapped in a fre places and just needs to be forced through..

but id hate to feel leighs brake pedal with those huge mothers on there it must be like custard!

I can bounce my pedal off the floor sat at traffic lights, thats with the FTO's up front, but they are fantastic at stopping you happily lock the wheels

cheers dude..

well i drofve it for a short 15 mile blast.. the pedal travel has increased.. but im not sure if theres some air left in her.. shes rock solid without ign but as soon as you've got vacume assist you can force the pedal to what seems like the floor.. it stops well but i want more pedal feel maybe once ive done some more bedding in miles and the pads have worn of there bedding coating, i will re bleed it.. and have alook at getting rid of the ABS.. as the warning light has come up for that a month or so ago anyway.. see if i can get it feeling tight id love it if it was like it is without the brake assist :whistling:

I've bled mine a few times, exact same feel :001_9898:

now iv bedded them in abit im used to the extra travel and compairing it to other cars its not actually excessive..

but the powerfull brakes have exposed the weakness of front grip. the tracking is out as last time it was tracked the daiyamas had be miss adjusted by me doing half a job.. i had put one side on max camber and the other not.. so it was tracked up with odd camber so as a result iv got a worn passenger tyre and odd grip levels.. but 2 new front tyres and a re-track should see me back to scratch :D

brakes bedded in now superb stopping power! have so much more confidence in the cars ability to stop!

Also so happy on friday flew through her MOT i already knew it needed 2 new tyres so 2 new tyres front tracking and a bulb and shes good for the next 12 months! she scored awsome on the emisions test aswell not even close to failing! very happy boy /corbs/

Photo700.jpg

:ninja:

ladies and gentlemen ... proper/clever cams :D

really nice dude, clue is newman? website shows DE cams, but not VE, so have to be custom ... im excited
am i right? please tell me im right!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom