Raceworx P2 GTi

oooooh which kind chap helped with those N1 spec beauties :) i guess that was the picture you tried to send me earlier dude? my phone wont receive picture msgs

So you just gave newman the specs and they made you up some cams?

wezz sent him his broken n1's ken at newman managed to source some blanks and i got the last set.. but i was worried as ken said they might not work/be degreed right as he hadnt got original cams to work from but they look spot on and there alot bigger than 20VE ones..

the ones he made for me will be spot on as he had the original N1's to copy but yours ian he just made off the measurements taken. ken actually got 3 sets of blanks, he made mine/craigs but broke them so had to make a new set, which left him with 1 set which you now have dude.

if someone could get some 20V cams and some N1's to him we would be onto a winner

well whilst everyones been doing the keyboard worrior stuff iv been messing in the garage..

i braught over my SR16VE lump from my nans a few weeks ago and its been sat ever since waiting for parts.. well they turned up this saturday.. bigup Gspec got the lot all in a nice big box :D

Photo684.jpg

Photo686.jpg

Photo685.jpg

so a nice pile of bits to get working on..

first off was sorting the windage tray in the sump to clear the longer stroke crank:-

Photo687.jpg

greound the mounts down by 5mm and the fins down by 5mm to give 10mm more clearence.. and then tapped them down abit more for good luck :D

Photo690.jpg

finished :-

Photo689.jpg

next up was the known TB screw problem so i took them out and abit of locktite on them..

Photo697.jpg

next up was the remote oilfilter plate which didnt fit so i had to knock up a spacer it may not work but we shall see..

Photo691.jpg

Photo692.jpg

Photo693.jpg

Photo694.jpg

Photo696.jpg

following that it was time to port match the fuji manifold to the VE head :-

Photo701.jpg

Photo698.jpg

made a template up then got the die grinder out and some stones for somoothing.. i forgot the after pics :(

Photo707.jpg

Photo708.jpg

Photo709.jpg

so with that all smoothed and matched it was time to shim up the N1 cam copies from newman :D

Photo699.jpg

Photo700.jpg

big up Wezzlar for sending me some spare standard 20ve cams to take measurments from..

Photo734.jpg

i had ground my own shims but these were available on ebay for cheaps and are geat perfect fit :D

next up was modifying the SR16VE N1 pistons to clear the oil squirters..

N1 vs 16VE pistons you can see the extra oil chanel where the two holes are that aid crown cooling somthing i didnt know about till putting them side by side..

Photo715.jpg

Photo716.jpg

Photo714.jpg

cheking the pistons against the squirters

Photo719.jpg

i then notched them all myself and got them all to exactly the same weight :D

Photo721.jpg

Photo722.jpg

then i assembled the inlet with its new nismo FPR and FP guage

Photo717.jpg

then it was time to assemble the rods with ther enew ARP studs and ACL 19mm race bearings

Photo723.jpg

rings were then gapped and installed sat waiting to go in the block

Photo724.jpg

crank in with new bearings rods bolted on all tourqued up

Photo725.jpg

Photo726.jpg

oil squirter gap

Photo727.jpg

all the hard stuff done it was case of throwing everything on :D

Photo731.jpg

Photo730.jpg

Photo733.jpg

Photo736.jpg

Photo737.jpg

eveyone knows blue silcone makes you faster :D

Photo738.jpg

Photo741.jpg

Photo739.jpg

the engines had all new gasgets and seals put in whilst iv been working on her.. so quite a good weekend.. just the ancillaries and loom to put on then i can sling the gearbox up against it with her new Sspec stage 3 clutch and its ready to go in the car..

Jesus man some amount of work there. Fair play all coming together nice!

Question about that windage tray you did, I'm presuming you stuck with the Sr16ve one yeah? Could you just get an sr20ve tray and fit that straight on or do you have to modify it like you done?

Looking good Ian.
Interesting that you port matched the head and not the header flange. Will there be a problem with the header gasket?

i port matched both the head and header.. because its for a DE it sits lower.. so i oppend up the bottom of the nead and the top of the manifold.. i had to sort the gasget to match aswell yes..

shags iv just been sat with my thumb up my arse waiting for parts for a month.. if i have the parts i can build anything lol..

Jesus man some amount of work there. Fair play all coming together nice!

Question about that windage tray you did, I'm presuming you stuck with the Sr16ve one yeah? Could you just get an sr20ve tray and fit that straight on or do you have to modify it like you done?

the 20ve doesnt have one just the baffle in the sump like all SR20's AFAIK..

I get you now better off with it tho i'll go at mine tonight so! Cheers man hope it goes like a train, i'm stuck until after christmas with mine wont have the cash to get the head machine for the valves until then. Engine looks as good as new are you going to paint it to be able to keep the finish or does that even bother ya?

Back
Top Bottom