Raceworx P2 GTi

awesome build mate, can't wait to see/hear the videos! i too love getting boxes of goodies in the mail, but it's a pallet at the dock i'm waiting for!

Good stuff Ian, i know you've been waiting quite a while for the parts so you must be pleased to finally get stuck into re-assembling the engine.

I make this combo to be somewhere in the region of 12-12.5:1CR?

I get you now better off with it tho i'll go at mine tonight so! Cheers man hope it goes like a train, i'm stuck until after christmas with mine wont have the cash to get the head machine for the valves until then. Engine looks as good as new are you going to paint it to be able to keep the finish or does that even bother ya?

engines clean as its only done 20K miles.. and now its back down to 0 lol i have a feeling the windage tray may still catch but we shall see once she fires up.. IF she fires up lol

chill out steve lol see if she fires up first :P then ill be happy to be idolised untill then its a lump of shinny metal :zoidberg:

Good stuff Ian, i know you've been waiting quite a while for the parts so you must be pleased to finally get stuck into re-assembling the engine.

I make this combo to be somewhere in the region of 12-12.5:1CR?

sould be 12.5:1 i was going for the standard 16ve pistons but that would have been 13.2:1 which learning from craigs build would be stupid for pump fuel or without going for kelford 184-c cams..

haha i just dont want allot of hype as i know how easy shit hits fans lol.. once its in and running and done a few thousand miles then i can be happy and start stage 2

you hardly measured the notch needed on the pistons cheif?

gotta get mine done, if your gonna be 12.5:1 ill be higher with a n1 head :( we only have shit 95 here too.

build looks good cant wait to see it tear up some tarmac

you need to take it about 1mm into the piston itself.. i did have a template you could have used lol but its in the bin now and its only a bit of paper lol

Looking good dude. I noticed the other day that we left the arm with the hook on for the engine crane in my garage...

sould be 12.5:1 i was going for the standard 16ve pistons but that would have been 13.2:1 which learning from craigs build would be stupid for pump fuel or without going for kelford 184-c cams..

Are you not concerned about how conservative your tune is going to have to be with 12.5:1?
Joe

Looking good dude. I noticed the other day that we left the arm with the hook on for the engine crane in my garage...

you did? fuck! ill have to modify the crane then dude.. you dont mine dome holes in it do you?

nahh ill be happy with craigs level of power..

you did? fuck! ill have to modify the crane then dude.. you dont mine dome holes in it do you?

nahh ill be happy with craigs level of power..

LOL - well it's Corb's crane... When are you doing the swap? We did say we will come up and give you a hand so I can bring it then if you like?

well we have a skip on the drive so fingers crossed in 2 weeks the swap can commence ill give you a ring before then anyway dude :D

Back
Top Bottom