Raceworx P2 GTi

righty ho! been over at raceworx engine building shop (my nans)

Photo136.jpg

i need a 2.0 crank and rods for my VE i have the VE completly stripped... and have 2 de bottom ends to go at plus shit loads of other bits iv just had to scrap the GA16 head thats on the pics as it was in the way..

i started by stripping the fabled P5 SKW submarine engine that i took diving a few years ago.. it didnt fire up when we re wired the car so we swapped it with another one but i wanted the lump to see if it was okay.

having striped it i found this :-

Photo144.jpg

mmmmm bendy number 1 rod!

but this means i dont have 4 rods lol but i do have a mint crank!!

Photo137.jpg

you can see the difference between this and the 1.6 crank.. 8 counter weights as appose to the 4 on the DE they weight about the same though as the VE one is alot more compact..
so ill be stripping my other lump which has a knocking bottom end next week if i can get my helper samwise the drunkard to get out of bed :P

anyway heres a couple of pics so i know what bearings i need to order!

Photo141.jpg

Photo143.jpg

need 44233 bearings for the meaqns and 0111 for the rods :D

im hurrying as fast as cash allows :D i need to save a bumper load to order al my bits from greg and get the crank balanced with the flywheel and pully and get the pistons notched!

you might need to check the bores of the conrods before you order the shells raceworx (if its a different set or 1 rod) one of my rods has an 8 thou" bigger bore than the other 3, and i had to shim the back of a shell to get the proper clearance :)

frank

I love them with that finish, looks the tits on silver too :D. What offset are they because you spokes seem to come right out flush with the edge of the lip?

there ET35 a guy came out of the sales whilst i was checking my vin went damn thats clean.. been well looked after i said cheers.. then he said the wheels were perfect for it.. said they look like 350Z ones.. this style seems to suit nissans down to the ground they work on the 350 the skyline looks pimp on volk TE37's almera look pimp on them :D

shame that so many are disapearing now.. i wonder if theres soe mint examples in that nissan museum..

im pleased with the wheels overall i just want to keep them nice! but the fat tyres are keeping kurbs at bay :D

camber set on straight up at the moment as it was eating tyres before but i think that was due to 20mm spacers.. fucking up the steering angle ect..

i want it tracked and set up properly as im a tool with suspention :)

Back
Top Bottom