Raised bonnet

Well I like rased bonnets. I origionally did this one with some extra nuts, then some little poly washers i found in the barn and it does the trick, engine temp stays lower, with it being a drift car it has overheating issues.

Before Spray Job
Image038.jpg

After Spray Job
Image061.jpg

tis mint that,

ive got a gti and nothing has happened at all. its been raining every day since i did it, and theres nothing, nothing on my induction kit as well btw

I think a raised bonnet only looks good on carbon bonnets, or race/drift style cars like sweeps car above. Im not even too sure about mine, but it really helps with the extra heat being created from the extra horsepower. And it cools your intake manifold

But, I can see what veero's saying about the rude boy mod, people doing it when there only 'mod' is a tailipe, or where their engine is mostly standard, makes you think of boy racers with loud exhausts and little engines, which makes people with performance exhausts for performance cars look the same

NaylorGTI said:
makes you think of boy racers with loud exhausts and little engines

*goes to get spanner* point taken :O haha

Well my Autech looks as Pikey as you can get, with the engine mods it's going to run hotter, so why not make it more pikey...

Where are those 22" chrome wheels....

Well we could go on all day about "what mods look cool or not" but Im not.

And if frenchie doesn't like it......well tough :p

NaylorGTI said:
I think a raised bonnet only looks good on carbon bonnets, or race/drift style cars like sweeps car above.

You know sweeps naylor?

kind of, off years ago when every one used cruise board, him and skyline lee and them, spoke to them at elvington with doggy and scooby steve, wayne and the rest

Well i figured i oughta have a go at this since my engines temps seem to have increased.
Ive only gone 5mm, as i wanted it very subtle and im not too keen on the idea of people trying push my bonnet down. Probably not as effective like this, but still gonna reduce under-bonnet temps a bit.
RaisedBonnet002.jpg

Im not too keen it kinda looks like its not sittin right if you know what i mean,You can get better finned fans and stuff or just bang a vent in the bonnet? Or lurves or wot ever you call them?

Drag up an old post time lol

Been thinking about doing this recently just wondering what the bolt size and length people used after they'd added the spacers? ie M? x ? long? also sizeof spacers used?

cheers

Kieran

Back
Top Bottom