Ross Autech

I thought you'd get better results than that to be honest Ross. Like you say though the big cams are en route and could well see good increaes with the supporting mods. At least you know that the gas is doing it's job. Where abouts is the knock sensor? I've got a mate who works for a Lotus Elise race team and they have to take the knock sensor and position it away from the block to avoid the ECU retarding the timing when they're racing. They attach it to the bulkhead at the back so that it's still plugged in but effectively useless.
You've got a base figure for your cams etc now so you'll be able to see exacly what's what when it retested.

hmmm, det's niiiiiiiiice :/ .... not being a penis but with that det and the fact you said 2 cylinders were significantly lower on comp?....healthy?

good/mixed day mate, not bad figures though.......dyno dynamics eh ;) :lol: i'll take my 207 on dd now looking at this...awesome to see someone doing something different though, and be cool comparison with the new cams

Where abouts is the knock sensor? I've got a mate who works for a Lotus Elise race team and they have to take the knock sensor and position it away from the block to avoid the ECU retarding the timing when they're racing. They attach it to the bulkhead at the back so that it's still plugged in but effectively useless.

This used to be a trick for RS Turbo's when running high boost, did this to my old one.

the knock sensor is on the back of the block almost in the middle, just below the top of the block

Seriously, what the fuck was he doing?

It was detonating like a fucker and he kept it flat out!

WHAT A FUD!

...and now you know why I think the place is a fucking joke!

i have to disagree on that one. Det yes cant disagree with that but like a fucker...I think not and for a few seconds is hardly goni cause a major problem. ive heard worse for longer spells and the cars still survive.

nd not to jump on the bandwagon but Ive had plently work done by these guys and its been all good whether services or remaps on the dyno.
the majority of the folk with negative comments have never actually had any work done there....

moar boar(ing) update

started to mod a spare dizzy last night to convert it to external trigger.

stock dizzy

IMG_0869.jpg

cap and rotor off

IMG_0871.jpg

removed the rotor arm and the trigger wheel

IMG_0872.jpg

cut the trigger tab inside the dizzy

IMG_0873.jpg

soldered on and siliconed the new trigger wire

IMG_0874.jpg

re-assembled and cut the condenser off the dizzy

IMG_0876.jpg

and that was that.

also picked up some new spark plugs tonight :

IMG_0878.jpg

yeah baby. thats grade 8. ice cold!

Nice ross, yeah ive got grade 8 plugs in my turbo, dont have any issues with cold starts, :-)

Also are you just letting the ecu manage everything?,and just adjusting the timing etc,

Nice ross, yeah ive got grade 8 plugs in my turbo, dont have any issues with cold starts, :-)

Also are you just letting the ecu manage everything?,and just adjusting the timing etc,

on nitrous fuelling is controlled by the pulsoids

the timing is controlled by the ECU, until nitrous kicks in when the MSD controller takes over with staged ignition retard. which will knock it back 4* but only on nitrous boost.

What's the deal with the Cat Cams then Ross ? Are they higher lift/longer duration ? Will you still have a mid-range or does it shove all the power up top ?

Back
Top Bottom