Sams VZ-R N1

58020.jpg

thats what you need

ah ok that could be a problem then, have they not got the plate?

No, not got the plate but it was a good price so bought it up first and did the thinking later

58020.jpg

thats what you need

That's perfect, shouldn't be too difficult to get made up for it. I've been reading over your thread trying to get a look at how it was joined but to no avail

Much appreciated, once its in my hands i'll go to the nearest machine shop, show them some of these pictures and see if they can sort me out with something. Thanks Sam :)

its basically a plate with a rim that slots inside, the big jubilee holds it on

Yeah, i'll just get one made unless Blitz sell them separate and cheap

@ Nos, just looked there, they look to be the very same size that I need, I understand how you and Sam joined the MAF just needed to see the plate that Sam posted as mine will not have it

my second one I bought came with a 'trust' metal plate not the original blitz one.....

My first filter was for a Vzr, my current one came off a gt4 I think, you can get plates with different size maf holes, my N1 maf is perfect on the current plate.

Soooo the biggest thing Ive ever undertaken on my own car.

Monday

began mooching round collecting parts ordered a release bearing, bought some bits n bobs.

This was also delivered Pivot Voltage Stabiliser and Earthing Kit

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

Tuesday

Collected release bearing and some more bits n bobs, then set about stripping the car.

Front end removed to get in the garage

IMG_0423.jpg

Work space for the week

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

Draining fluids

IMG_0433.jpg

Stripping the bay

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Corblar arrived

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Crane in place

IMG_0439.jpg

Fuck hes ginger

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

And we are down

IMG_0443.jpg

On the dolly

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

Removed the 1 piece shaft for an LSD drivers shaft that bolts to the block

IMG_0448.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

In order to fit this I had to remove a few things

IMG_0450.jpg

and this heavy fucker

IMG_0452.jpg

With the starter removed I took the opportunity to strip it down and clean it out, every one should do this with a clutch change

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

no pictures of it back together but it looks brand new inside now, cleaned it all out with petrol and packed it full of grease.

Wednesday

began sorting out the exhaust

Take one hanger bracket ground back

IMG_0462.jpg

licked with some paint

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Then hammerited

IMG_0465.jpg

this is how Im helped

IMG_0467.jpg

a cat

IMG_0468.jpg

with the engine on the dolly I pulled the gearbox off and put my JWT flywheel and GSpec clutch on

IMG_0470.jpg

I had also changed the PS pump and fitted a new sandwich plate to allow me to run an oil cooler, I modified the plate to take my gauges aswell.

In the bay I rubbed down a few areas and changed the Steering rack bushes for poly ones.

after umming and ahhing over removing the ABS I fucked that off for next year and we got the engine back in

IMG_0471.jpg

this time on all 4 poly mounts

Thursday

Just tidying up loose ends, had a package from Dale resulting in

IMG_0475.jpg

Custom brackets cause Im smart

IMG_0476.jpg

Refitted the manifold with a new decat from shagwah, got the cooler mounted in place

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

Friday

IMG_0482.jpg

Few things that have annoyed me I took the time to fix

the little pockets under the scuttle panel that water happily sits in, Ive drilled two drain holes either side, these were sprayed over with stonechip to prevent rust.

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

I cranked the car over a few times with the HT leads and plugs pulled till the oil pressure light went out to prime the cooler and it fired up first time :)

The cooler has given me almost 3/4 litre extra capacity of oil which is a huge bonus :)

This was brand new

IMG_0479.jpg

almost complete, green wheels are off now for the winter.

IMG_0485.jpg

and back down with the bumper all fitted up nice and snug

IMG_0487.jpg

cheeky cooler

IMG_0488.jpg

I took it out and Im happy to report it feels very quick, I did have a moment of no lobes.... the cause was the RSM not being powered on, checked back through the wiring and the earth cable had been pulled from the loom, most likely from being pulled through the firewall.

All in all a hell of a week sweating my tits off but it feels good now Ive done it, mods added weight saved things future proofed and lots of improvements :)

Nice work Samuel, you've been busy.

Oil temps should be rock steady now with that oil cooler install....

I have no idea what those brackets are you removed, but yeah..weight loss is always good!

Back
Top Bottom