Sams VZ-R N1

the big gold plate fixed to the bottom of the block and the top of the inlet, but there is another one next to it bolting to the block then up to the throttle body anyway, that I have left, it weighs a good few kilos!

The black bracket I have replaced with a GTi one (Cheers Joe) doesnt have the arm on it.

yeah man I dont think I would ever pay to have work like this done. I had the clutch and flywheel changed in about 30 mins from taking the box off to putting it on, was so easy :p

Well done man excellent stuff... May I add one of the easiest engines I have ever removed or fitted!

Did you leave the manifold brace off for a finish?

I had the starter reconditioned aswell, they are always either gone or on the way out on sr20's it seems mine was croaking for ages before.

Yeah I never put that plate back on, the brace from the block to the TB is more than enough.

I found it an ass to route the wiring through it prob should have done the same, I modded mounting point at the back by the gearlinkage too so that I could get the bolt for the bellhousing out without having to remove that to get the box out the next time.

Fair play some amount of work over the few days.

yeah I looked at the brace and if I ever needed to pull the gearbox off it would have been a mission, it still put up a fight even though I had the engine on the floor. The loom going through it was so ghey, and I dont reckon the starter would have come out of the hole that was there for it.

Ive fixed the ecu loom up and the coolant hose that was attached to it so its all sound now :)

just to add though there are no pictures, I wore a Burger King crown for the majority of the swap :D

honestly its the camera, its a fucking state at the moment... I need another week off to sort the paint again

I was looking forward to all of those updates, fair play Sam, job well done there and same to Corbs as well

Cheers gents, just bled tthe clutch it feels amazing now, really surprised at the difference, going to put a new pitwork oil filter on too.

well the power steering pump isnt the whine Ive been having :s its now either water pump, oil pump or the gearbox .... sigh

Back
Top Bottom