Short Shifter

The new AOC muppet!

I get what your saying, but.... you go and get a 'ready done short shifter' and a 'cut down one' then drive with both of them.

Then reply to this post.

I think hes actually right. If you extended the shaft (the bit the knob sticks on...) lets say for arguments sake.. 1 metre... Its going to be hitting the dash, seats and everything!

It works the same way round.. if you shorten the shaft.. there is less movement between say, 1 and 2 as your closer to the pivot point..

its like one wheel turning faster as you go round a corner, the outside diamatre of the corner is obviously bigger than the inside, its the same with the shifter - the further away the end (gear knob) is from the point of pivot - regaurdless of the angle.. will be further.

group-hug.jpg

rofl

Yeh think I just got carried away.

Although I am gonna just go and take a shit, brfore I drive my car. This will make it quicker.....

GTi kurt said:
Yeh think I just got carried away.

Although I am gonna just go and take a shit, brfore I drive my car. This will make it quicker.....

lol is all i can say!

GTi kurt said:
The new AOC muppet!

I get what your saying, but.... you go and get a 'ready done short shifter' and a 'cut down one' then drive with both of them.

Then reply to this post.
i did and as stated, it "feels " shorter as your not pushing the leaver away as far when its cut, but obviously it doesnt change underneath part because nothing has changed.

rhyd4 said:
i did and as stated, it "feels " shorter as your not pushing the leaver away as far when its cut, but obviously it doesnt change underneath part because nothing has changed.

Yeh, like I said, I got carried away and become a keyboard warrior :lol:

Oh well we'll fight it out at JAE :D

i feel a movie clip coming on, maybe tonight though lol.. and yes i'l be at jae for all to feel my shaft lol

rofl, rhyd4 i expected a better pic from you!! You usually supply us with the greatest pics lol! That one if OOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDD!

rhyd4 said:
i feel a movie clip coming on, maybe tonight though lol.. and yes i'l be at jae for all to feel my shaft lol

hell yeh.

A decent vid will be produced, directed and voiced by me. about today's event's. :lol:

if you cut the shaft, your hand moves less but at a lower height, and requires more force

move the pivot down closer to the linkage pivot, your hand moves less but remains at the same height requiring less force

Dale is right aswell, id trust someone carrying out a turbo conversion and who does all the work by themself

Syms, just because 3 or 4 people on aoc say its wrong doesnt mean it is

i really don't get your point, but anyway, thanks for that, you contributed alot to the discussion

syms said:
rofl, rhyd4 i expected a better pic from you!! You usually supply us with the greatest pics lol! That one if OOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDD!
i know it was rushed, trying to get in the post quick.. consider a better pic next time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom