srbryan N15 Pulsar VZR DP1

Cracked on with replacing the hinges and start the clean up before the underseal.
IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG
Then started going through every crevice with the air duster to make sure all the shite was gone. Shock horror the amount of dirt and dust that came out was rediculous. You can kind of see the dust plume coming out in front of the top door hinge.
IMG_1126.JPG

This was all the shite that i managed to get out on this side.
IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

Brand new hinges onto drivers side and second hand on passo side, made some difference doors now open and close so smoothly and no sag atal. this was before i cleaned this side just incase you think it was after.
IMG_1131.JPG

Cleaned the driver's side aswel.
IMG_1132.JPG

Then i filled any gap or hole i could find with waxoyl
IMG_1133.JPG

Then started masking up, what a horrible job.IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1135.JPG

Friend of mine is a panel beater so he gave me a few tins of underseal that he uses and says is good.
IMG_1136.JPG

Really impressed with how it went on and dried failry quick and found it tough aswel.
IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

while i was waiting for it to dry i changed the dust boots for the door switches.
beforeIMG_1144.JPG

After, not a great pic but ye get the jist
IMG_1145.JPG

started assembling the front end back together, starting with the towing eyes
IMG_1146.JPG

Very happy with the finish from the stonechip.
IMG_1147.JPG

And finished up for today and swept the floor, all this from the car:eek: Should be quicker now it's a few kilo lighter lol.
IMG_1148.JPG

love the effort...this is the sorta car where your never going stop tinkering...and wait til you start sealing underneath:eek:
Iv'e finished mine last week and fuck...it's horrific but necessary job.

You will want to paint those hinges, or plaster them in the stone chip/underseal.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Started this evening off with spraying my strut brace, got it in primer first.
IMG_1149.JPG

Now the colour might not be to everyone taste but i like it and think it will work.
IMG_1150.JPG

Also did the rad supports and battery clamp.
IMG_1172.JPG

While waiting for the paint to dry i powerwashed the inside of the front wings and all the wheel liner plastics.
IMG_1153.JPG

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1158.JPG

When the wings dried i stonechiped both of them to get ready for re-assembly
IMG_1161.JPG

IMG_1160.JPG

Also got started on removing the old oil pan, as you can see it was fairly well damaged.
IMG_1166.JPG

first thing was drain the oil
IMG_1168.JPG

Old as hell, probably wasn't changed in a long time. put my magnet in the stream of the draining oil and got nothing stuck to it and the oil didn't feel gritty or anything by touch so fairly happy.
IMG_1169.JPG

IMG_1174.JPG

I'll get cracking with removing the old pan tomorrow.

Did a bit more tidying of the wiring and this is where i'm going to try mount the relay box.
IMG_1175.JPG

And it should end up something like this +expansion bottle
IMG_1176.JPG

Be careful taking the oil pan off...they are stuck on well with the original mastic...watch! yourself stick a paint scraper/screwdriver in the side and gouge the surface...easily.
It's easy to lose your patience....just like me:(

Get the edge of a wall paper scraper and just tap it through gently

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Using a stanley blade and a paint scrapper managed to get the oil pan off, it was well stuck on like @charley and @Sam said, i'm pretty sure it could have stayed on without any bolts holding it on.
IMG_1180.JPG

Got it off eventually and it came down with a bang and half litre of oil with. thought it was empty afgter leaving it drain all night.
IMG_1181.JPG

Removed the baffle and pick up pipe to clean and to make sure everything was ok underneath.
IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

Cleaned the pick up pipe, baffle and went around the mating surface to make sure all traces of the old sealant was gone.
IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

made sure to torque every bolt when re-assembly.
IMG_1195.JPG

getting ready to put on the sealant at 4.5mm as Nissan recommend.
IMG_1196.JPG

Sealant applied and oil pan installed.
IMG_1197.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

Back
Top Bottom