StevenC's GTi

Saw the car tonight and the colour of the tape looks awesome, works very well, should look better once it's straight :D

Clutch and fly are in. Along with an oil change and new ARB Drop links.
Just gave it a clean and went for a wee run in the sun.

I love my GTi.

Suspension set up tomorrow!

Well this afternoon I've been busy with a rocker cover (thanks Smaz) rubbing it down, painting, rubbing down, painting and then some detail. Gone with very high temp metallic black to give it that "matt" look similar to the wheels. Not sure if it'll work with the curing process etc but I've seen it done on another car and gives a nice look. Some yellow detail also to go with yellow plastic covers in the engine bay and new gold/yellow blox oil cap.

rocker1.jpg

Got the suspension set up yesterday. It's set up with lightly less aggressive camber than I had on the N16 to hopefully prolong tyre life. Suspensions' been softened up a little bit to make it a bit more comfy too, but the handling isn't compromised as much as I first thought.

Those who don't know, the car ran a 15.139 @ Crail with little room for improvement with me at the wheel. I think that's a fairly good time showing a decrease of a second with lightened fly, new clutch, full exhaust and toyo's.

I'm very happy with how the car is at the moment. I've decided to hold off the rim lip for a bit as you've suggested Andy and instead, I'm going to deglobe the indicators. I've painted the calipers yellow to tie in with what's happening in the engine bay. and we'll see how it all goes together.

Next plans are bodywork. The front splitter really needs painted, and I've got a new bonnet lined up to get. Hopefully these will be done for Scottish modified. Another mod is going to be to paint the grill matt black the same as the wheels and rocker cover. Should tie it in nicely.

Have a pic

aujune0919.jpg

Looks great with the black wheels/yellow calipers..
I withdraw my previous comments about you copying wezz..
You're taking this in your own direction now...
...and I'm a fan :)
Joe

Car and rocker cover look great there!! De-globing will really improve the front end just that little bit extra too, reckon some new plates with slight change in font would look the tits too & get rid of the gay sticker on the grill!! Lol.

Now go get the pics you took with me and Ross at Hermi up :P

looks awsome steven, the yellow calipers look great

fog light blanks next maybee? or you planning to keep the fog lights

blank plates with no border will look good, tieing in n what not, it does look good man

All i'd do is spray the grill and strips silver but i understand the black theme your going for and i like it anyway. Change or no change its looking lurvely :)

I'm going to deglobe the indicators. I've painted the calipers yellow to tie in with what's happening in the engine bay. and we'll see how it all goes together.

Yes! :D

Also, love the rocker cover.

Cheers for the comments guys.

Rocker cover should get swapped over this afternoon / sat then I'll get an engine bay pic once I've cleaned it up.

Clean

Looks well mint Steve, you've made a good job of the car mate!! 15.1 I'm jealous mate, but was expecting that time wi the mods you had done!

Look forward to seeing a clean bay now!!!

Back
Top Bottom