StevenC's GTi

Tommo, basically I'vd had some "run in's" with the 5-0 in Edinburgh. Got three asbos and twice I've had it towed away now. Of the three, I was behaving in two of them and stopped in a group of people and the other time was busted by an undercover copper with no blue lights or uniforms. They've all been contested but there's not much avenue for recourse. meh.

Fortunately the law in Scotland doesn't allow your car to be crushed under the ASBO legislation, so you can just keep paying to get it back.

Rear light - SXOC are still trying to find one.

sounds fantasic!! seems to pull very well too! what you got done to it engine wise? manifold and catback? cams?

Full stainless system from manifold to tip including de-cat. Lightened flywheel. ITG Competition induction kit.

No cams.

hey, absolutly love ur car! i have a silver 1.4 almera, stupid robbing insurance companies!, i want a gti :(

just a quick question, fitting the vzr rear lights, is the any difference in the wiring?

for the standard tail light to light on the section of the light on the boot door, how did u do this? as on the standard lights these sections dont light.

Thanks!

Hah yea :D How you finding yours particularly the idle? We've got very similar mods...

Smurph - No difference in the wiring, it's all good. The same sections of lights light up you just need to put high intensity bulbs in the 'fog' light bits and you're all good. Alternatively, if you don't have front fogs you can run with the rear inners on constantly and not have a rear fog then swap em about for MOT time / wire in a seperate fog for ultimate JDM look.

Hah yea :D How you finding yours particularly the idle? We've got very similar mods...

mine idle was pretty good tbh mate - slightly lumpy maybe but not really. and MY GOD - now i've taken them out to sell the car seems soooo strangled, 6-7k goes on, n on, n on..... :lol:

you planning on gettin an afpr when you buy some cams?

Don't really see the need tbh. When it's getting mapped if it needs more fuel then I'll get one. I'm not convinced it will and its £100 that I think could be better spent elsewhere (pulleys for example).

Don't really see the need tbh. When it's getting mapped if it needs more fuel then I'll get one. I'm not convinced it will and its £100 that I think could be better spent elsewhere (pulleys for example).

yeh pulleys made a good difference for mine too

really? you not convinced with afpr? surely it makes sense you need to up it a touch? if fuellin is right for stock cams then with bigger ones doesn't the gain come from more fuel as cams open valves more/longer? otherwise whats the point in cams opening the valves more

not contradictin or hi-jacking mate lol, just curious :)

I thought the car has a FPR as standard which is controlled by the ECU?

The ecu should adjust it's self to the new cams by adjusting the fuel / air mixture going by all it's intake/exhaust sensors etc. I'd hope it can adjust enough without needing extra help from a manually adjustable FPR. Last thing I wanna do is be dumping in fuel that's going to waste and meaning pish economy.

Interesting to note that it was only after an ECU re-set that Dave really noticed the difference with the cams...

idle beez very sexy blob blob blob @ 850rpm. ive posted a vid on youtube however @ work i cani access it. tagged as almera gti lumpy idle or almera gti tomei cam idle :lol:

edit

The oe fuel pressure is fixed to 3bar as with most petrol cars, as this is the pressure that most injectors are rated. Upping the pressure means the duration of spray can stay the same however still more fuel can be injected according to inlet manifold vacuum. The ecu controls the fuel injection timing and duration. Yes with a map a fpr isn’t then needed as fuel duration is amended to suite.

My thinking is stock ecu = cams and afpr work well.
Remapped ecu = oe 3bar fpr will suffice.

dd

Back
Top Bottom