StevenC's GTi

I thought the car has a FPR as standard which is controlled by the ECU?

The ecu should adjust it's self to the new cams by adjusting the fuel / air mixture going by all it's intake/exhaust sensors etc. I'd hope it can adjust enough without needing extra help from a manually adjustable FPR. Last thing I wanna do is be dumping in fuel that's going to waste and meaning pish economy.

Interesting to note that it was only after an ECU re-set that Dave really noticed the difference with the cams...

it's got an fpr yeh, but not adjustable - and i don't think it's controlled by the ecu

i just wouldn't want to run lean at high rpm, be good to see as afr reading before running it for very long without adjusting it - just to be safe.

if you think about it - that standard fpr was set-up with the stock breathing mods too - but with a decent filter and exhaust it's breathing much better with same fuel goin in - which to me says lean - then add cams into the equation...

might be talkin crap though! :P....

thanks stevenC.

another quick question, on ur videos u have white clocks, what white clocks would fit my car? its phase 2 almera S.

i have a digital odometer and digital clock, the VZR clocks dont have a clock under the rev counter, but would these still fit? really really want a set if any1 can help.

P2 GTi clocks would be a direct swap for you dude.

Mileage is stored in the clocks though so you'd need to document this to keep track of mileage etc. Apparently nissan can re-program them but dunno how much they'd charge.

yup gotta space in the owners manual to log all the milage stuff, gotta find me a set of them then, not many gti's in ireland! might have some luck on here i guess

it's got an fpr yeh, but not adjustable - and i don't think it's controlled by the ecu

i just wouldn't want to run lean at high rpm, be good to see as afr reading before running it for very long without adjusting it - just to be safe.

if you think about it - that standard fpr was set-up with the stock breathing mods too - but with a decent filter and exhaust it's breathing much better with same fuel goin in - which to me says lean - then add cams into the equation...

might be talkin crap though! :P....

the stock FPR i believe is set to 3 bar. the injectors are measured using 2.5 bar.

the ECU adjusts fueling by altering the spray time of the injector itself, but it can only do this to a certain extent or it would be spraying on a closed valve.

increasing the pressure means the injectors spray more fuel in the same time.

so its probably lean somewhere in the range. most likely when the valves are opening and shutting quickly and the pressure isn't enough to inject the right amount of fuel in time.

thing is an AFPR is across the board so you may find if you fit one you are running rich at low.

think the starlet boys relied on a RRFPR (rising rate FPR) which basically injects more fuel the higher up the range you go. dunno how suitable for an N/A application these are though...

Not yet, been busy moving home really and decorating.

I was hoping to get them (and the other bits) done before JAE but looking less and less likely as my time is extremely short and a mechanic I was counting on to help me out has gone AWOL.

Not yet, been busy moving home really and decorating.

I was hoping to get them (and the other bits) done before JAE but looking less and less likely as my time is extremely short and a mechanic I was counting on to help me out has gone AWOL.

phail

if we can get chris' SRi bumper sprayed and on before JAE you can bolt a couple camshafts in surely

Aye but you've not been stripping and decorating two houses and moving home :P

I'll be trying to if I get a spare moment, but most likely be tight unless I can get a hand from people who know what they are doing.

I was wanting to be painted as well but that's just not going to happen.

Ok, tried to cam it today...

Im seriously not a fucking happy chappy.

This cars future plans are now on hold for the forseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom