StevenC's GTi

& the `most inapropriate comment` award goes to the noob! :lol:

As said at the weekend Steve, hope it`s just superficial damage & nowt structural. :)

Bad luck, mate. Yeah, chilling out is good - after I had an accident (even though it wasn't remotely my fault) it made me realise that saving a couple of seconds here and there by driving like a nutter just isn't worth it. I'm nearly over it now though, lol

I think? lol Didn't do it to the whole group but to peoples indivually.

There was keeping her off the road for a while and buying a runabout.
There was tracking it.
There was saving a blowing a fortune on the bodywork.
There was fixing it with minimum effort and selling it.
There was fixing and then driving it like I love to...
Lots of plans.

Anyhow, new rear beam is ON (thanks rick). Plan for today is to get brakes assembled (including my new braided hoses woop woop) and bled, re-fit rocker cover gasket as it's not perfect, get good t1-r off mangled wheel and onto good wheel with mangled t1-r :P, fit two wheels I have a loan of (thanks rick) and then get it on to a ramp to do the handbrake.

Cheapest real option is fix her up and keep driving like you love to.

Best option is buy the N16 diesel runabout and then track the GTi :D. But that's got to be the most expensive.

Bout time this had a wee update.

Well she's all fixed up, back to normal and I'm enjoying it again :)

Unfortunately she's not running the sweetest. Burning a fair amount of oil at high revs which I suspect is valve stem oil seals and exhaust is blowing at the de-cat (AGAIN) and the 4-2 section of the manifold.

With the above, my lower tyre pressures and standard timing she was thrown on a rolling road today and made 153.7BHP, 133WHP and 131ft/lb Torque.

To be honest, I'm just happy it's still making good power with the issues it's got. Perhaps over the winter I'll give it some attention but then again maybe I won't, I'll need to see how money goes.

Sorry to here about all the shit you've had to go through steve, know how you feel after a crash but the engine thing thats a different story! Glad to here its back on the road...just take your time and it'll be back to normal!

Back
Top Bottom