STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

Possibly, but you wouldn't be able to hear yourself think & it wouldn't give good all-round performance. It would be a max revs or bust machine. Track day only methinks :lol:

It must be full stainless steel as Imy (the I in M.I.J) @ MIJ Performance has given lifetime warranty on system. Mil steel systems he advise have 2years warranty.

Yes, i have a lifetime warranty, but if you read the terms on your invoice you'll find that they wont cover corrosion, unless there's a leak because of it.

The system been on for less than a year, so its definately a mild steel flange.

Busy busy weekend gone car stuff and a major spring clean of the house, all done now though yeah :D:D

Friday I help fit Pauls FSE fuel pressure regulator, with a rolling road set up should be seeing circa 180bhp now too. then we fitted my new 4-2-1 head to manifold & 2’5 downpipe Mr. Copper gaskets - perfect fit :lol:. Word of warning these must be down to break bolt tightness as the port holes have raised sections which need to be compressed fully. I made the error of leaving one of the inner nuts off as i could with the old crappy gasket, it blew like i had a cracked manifold. Which for a second or two i thought i had.

Saturday we fitted my new XTD stage 2 clutch and prolite flywheel, noticeable lighter than the oe one which is good. Made the decision to fit it after a few runs at shakeys where it started to heat up & slip. I thought i was wheel spinning in 3rd gear ermmmmm no lol all that i need to do is adjust the clutch pedal as i have 2' of free play at the top.

Sunday Fitted my original rocker cover, now painted in the same colour as ny wheels and dash console - Peugeot Graphite grey really lush colour. i then painted the wheels as blue was really getting on my tits, it got to the point where by id rather leave the car dirty as the brake dust made the wheels seem a better colour eek took 5hrs from start to finish, leant loads from the first time so the finish is spot on now at least.

Monday trip down south to see Stuart, Jess & Co. plus to pick up some parts and run in my new clutch – win, win win haha stu’s turtle is very naughty tut tut as you all know it was a fab day. see me & Joe representing the N15 reds. Speed & beauty together lol

Today (tuesday) i had a booking with MIJ to adjust my tail pipe as it sat out abour 3cm too far - all sorted now, plus they removed the dumy from my 4' tail pipe cheers imy and the lads. got home then carried out B service on the GTi engine & gearbox oil (changed Saturday) oil, oil & fuel filters. Fitted Red Magnecor HT Leads KV85 and 2.5’hard pipe MAF to TB to be different. just gotta get two more 3' jubbee ties - when i get time il fit the full CAI kit.

enjoy :cool:

DSCF6188.jpg

DSCF6029.jpg

DSCF6177.jpg

DSCF6179.jpg

DSCF6183.jpg

DSCF6193.jpg

DSCF6210.jpg

dry as a bone too
DSCF6209.jpg

DSCF6217.jpg

DSCF6223.jpg

DSCF6246.jpg

DSCF62431.jpg

DSCF6247.jpg

DSCF6241.jpg

DSCF6229.jpg

new fuel filter hiding away arhhhh
DSCF6238.jpg

DSCF6236.jpg

DSCF6239.jpg

roll on the next bank holiday :rolleyes:
tar for looking
david

Beautiful Dave, fecking lovely :thumb: Always good to have a number of mods done all at once!

As I said yesterday mate, your car was looking superb. A credit to detailing meras :D

Back
Top Bottom