STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

dunno why that n/s/r wheel looks milky?, maybe the beige toyota avensis next to me in the works carpark.

this one that paul took looks better
8be4556e.jpg

d

Its an enclosed filter which appears to work very well, and is in theory a CAI.
Any modifications, internally to the air box Dave?

Ive ran a K&N cone filter with feed pipe *see picture from HLM dyno run. just made noise really & seem to run out of puff top end, so I went back to the OE air box with cold air feed directly to it. The air box is completely smoothed out with 8mm holes on every lower lol panel other than the side which faces the engine. i think the smooth 2.5' hard pipe between the tb & maf helps too.

A WAI + Flow Stack would have more gains over the standard air box on a rolling road, however the OE air box will perform the same with the bonnet either up or down.
db

Wee update *HEY* lol

As you know decided since my header was off id get it ceramic painted. Both to maybe aid performance and keep it from corroding as its not stainless steel. After a good long while checking cost for this to me professionally done with tax and shipping there and back it was looking to be close to £200. then looking around numerous websites and forums seeing if anyone has done this DIY.

Started of degreasing and cleaning the header and downpipe. Spent in total 6hrs wire brushing and sanding down, then took it over to a local powder coaters for shot blasting to fully remove and rust and contaminants from the metal. Also gave the surface an even rough surface to help the paint bond better, plus the collectors where near impossible to get too with just hand tools.

After getting it back from the shop, It was recommended that the same day if possible I should get it painted. Using vht flameproof ceramic spray can. Two light coats going for the hard to reach places first and then two medium coats with 10 minute during between layers. Left to cure over night as its dry in 1hr and able to handle in 3. It’s now back with them as they have an over big enough to house the single piece exhaust manifold. I should hopefully get it back Wednesday and then get it fitted shortly after.

Pictures of progress thus far

ff1baad8.jpg

bb6a439d.jpg

e2ae6fba.jpg

4dfb6fe4.jpg

Oddly I think it looks nice shot blasted

05fdd57b.jpg

4f866287.jpg

1279de31.jpg

71de8769.jpg

02ade93d.jpg

Hopefully it doesn’t look like hell once fitted and on for a while.

david

Wow the paint makes it invisible in the last one. Is that once it's cured? :lol:

Nice work Dave, good to get it protected. let us know how you get on with it long term mate :).

^ its been edit'd to read Fuji lol

yeah its as Joe said a 4-2-1 system, with fully merged collectors.

Edk – the powder like spray is very matt. That picture was taken after just 30 minutes drying time. Its yet to be cured just yet as it needs to be baked for the ceramic properties and hardening to work or something.

no idea with wrapping mild steel, soulds like a big no no coated or not ed.
spray was 22 notes usautos1997 on eBay

with high temp paint the most important thing along with good prep is the curing afterwards
dd

no idea with wrapping mild steel, soulds like a big no no coated or not ed.
spray was 22 notes usautos1997 on eBay

with high temp paint the most important thing along with good prep is the curing afterwards
dd

why not wrap it? obviously not under the car where its likely to act like a sponge but cant see any harm wrapping the primaries in the bay to stop it radiating as much heat to the intake

Back
Top Bottom