STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

^ tar everyone, im really loving the look right now

64200e6e.jpg

5c80187f.jpg

ec44a2d9.jpg

d boi

does look realy good :)

i realy need to machine pollish mine!!!

it will never win a show and shine ... but just want it looking as clean as yours

Coilovers and this becomes perfect. Do it. With 17's it won't be "that" low when you take up the excess arch gappage so hopefully won't go smashing into speed humps etc :D

Lazy Sunday morning means wash time, ended up being there for a good while circa 5hrs eek. kinda a pre/pre JAE 10' mini detail. I promise one day you’ll see it dirty lol

2 bucket technique to wash the exterior
Turtle wax nano tech shampoo
Maguire’s mircofibre drying towel
1 layers of 3M de-swirl polish
1 layer AG super resin
1 layer of AG ultra Glaze
1 layer of Diamond Brite stage 2 sealant
AG tyre dressing for tyres and arch linings
AG window polish inside and out
AG interior care throughout
AG bumper care on the wiper arms, door mouldings and door handles.

Also decided to de badge the rear, removing the bling Almera. Looks better for it I think

134841e2.jpg

855663c7.jpg

08c2a343.jpg

3db718c4.jpg

6af61595.jpg

3e138df7.jpg

d7897203.jpg

315f5808.jpg

ff2fb728.jpg

Yes I was fcuked for the rest of the day.
d boi

have you got a rotary or DA mate?

and does that 3M 'de-swirl polish' not fill in the swirls rather than remove them? surely as a polish it's not harsh enough to remove them?

don't get me wrong, while it's looks awesome and immaculate as always, i can't help thinkin maybe instead of your 3billion stage, obsessive cleaning process :tt2: you'd benefit more frrom a full on paint correction kind of detailing, gettin rid of swirls properly, sorting any of the few minor dings or scratches that might be there, and makin any faded more pinky parts full on red again?

not sayin it needs loads of that stuff, just to proper sort any little things and really take the trophy you love so much lol

dont worry a few more polishing sessions and it will be alot lower.. you can see it with each clean the added weight of 17 layers of polish brings it down a few mm..

Yeah for sure another clay and then mop will have the best results. However tbf the swirls are very very light. Ive always keep on top of the cleaning from day one as you know and that’s the key. Its washed weekly and vacuumed every fortnight. Spend circa 5hrs cleaning the GTi is my way of kicking back and chilling. From the first picture above its very very clean and doesn’t even need 20mins let along 300mins lol but I enjoy it.

Coilovers would be nice for sure, if just to lower it a tad all round.

How do you keep it from getting scuffed? My car was mint when I bought it and 2 years later it's got all manor of tiny dings and scratches over it. All from other people being careless I guess because I'm so careful around my car, watching what I've got in my hand lest it even brushes past the paintwork. I try to part away from people in car parks too. What's the secret Dave!!!

Back
Top Bottom