STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

^ i know right lol

Some pictures from last weekends enhancement, even though it was raining. Really just finishing off what i wanted to do prior to japfest II. With finger prints up the wings and bonnet from the Adrian Flux girls, together with sun baked dust/pollen the body work needed some attention. The mini detail went well as the paint work and glass had been clay’d the week before the show. engine bay only needing a wipe down this time.

Main products used:
simoniz car wash *strong mix to help break down old wax
Diamond Brite stage 1 pre glaze
ClearKote red moose machine glaze
AutoGlym HD wax
Meguiar’s quik detailer *for the glass
chemical guys new look trim gel
GL Showroom Shine *for the wheel and door shuts
ArmorAll extreme tire shine gel

Pictures:

Paint cleaner/pre galze

IMGP0736.jpg

glaze

IMGP0751.jpg

What i do to help achieve an even coat of polish, glaze or wax is to use feed lines on the paint. 3 or 4 feed lines per panel, then polishing in the adjacent direction passing thru the lines as i go. This also prompts me to work quickly as i don’t want the product to dry out in place. I find the method better than having a applicator pad and varying the pressure applied to keep the application even. *not needed with AG HD wax

IMGP0754.jpg

IMGP0746.jpg

AG HD wax

IMGP0756.jpg

IMGP0762.jpg

IMGP0769.jpg

IMGP0765.jpg

IMGP0768.jpg

IMGP0771.jpg

HD wax’s b post *just this tiny piece of black paint work drives me CRAZY!!

IMGP0761.jpg

IMGP0777.jpg

With the wax having cured for about an hour, no doubt there will be some dust or fallout from the atmosphere/wind. So what i tend to do is use a large mf towel with on spray of water to damp and using just the weight of the cloth slowly pull the mf across the paintwork. This will collect and unwanted particles prior to buffing, thus reducing any scratches.

IMGP0778.jpg

Reactions: edk
since having the tomei cams fitted ive found i have a very noticeable plat spot at 3,000rpm. even on 40% throttle you'd feel like ive hit fuel cut. decided to check and adjust my tps sensor (never having done so before) check and it read .492v with from what i gather is within spec. recently swap's out my PiperX panel filter for a Green Cotton Performance one (2 weeks wait, as it had to be made at the factory in France), at a glance slightly better made too.

checking my igintion timing and it was reading 11-12* adjusted the base timing to 17 degrees, turned off the engine, reconnected the tps sensor, started the engine checked the timing and still at 17*. driving home from snedsN15GTi dad's and YEAH no flat spot at all.

52acc70d.jpg

3e7405d5.jpg

47434fd5.jpg

6e219a06.jpg

no need for adjustment

d7b4d72e.jpg

david

yeah its running sweet but does need a good air filter and a bigger maf on it to free up power. I'm gonnaa try and go dyno this week to see what power its running so if you fancy it let me know pal. The motor could do with a good clean if you fancy it pal will pay you x x

yeah id like to come, what sort of time you looking to book it for? don't think il be able to to though, as im at work in the week till 4pm. on the cleaning side, what would you want doing matey?
david

well i'm gonna phone hlm tomo and see when they can get me in. Cleaning wax polish just a real good clean really gonna spray the wheels next week as i did a quick cheap job on the last time pm me a price pal on what price you want

Back
Top Bottom