Stu-E Autech Engine

as said nice work mate, glad I wasn't the only one who.had to modify the o/s shaft to fit a 32v box, best of luck for a first turn start tomorrow :shades:

... --- ...

as said nice work mate, glad I wasn't the only one who.had to modify the o/s shaft to fit a 32v box, best of luck for a first turn start tomorrow :shades:

... --- ...

Well as I said, the shaft DID fit... But fitting the half shaft bolts actually shoved the shaft into the gearbox and put pressure on shit inside that shouldn't have pressure against it which I wasn't happy with, so I put grease on both offending areas and continued to grind away until no grease was transferred to the shaft when it was fully fitted.
So nothing was snagging or forcing anything if you get me.
Joe

Yep this is with no wiring changes as yet.
Can't tell as yet, weather it's gonna start or what though.
Stu has been messing with the wiring for most of the day though checking stuff etc, and there is only a few things that appear to be incorrect, although the FSM doesn't match any of his interior loom wire colours. :/
Joe

Has he got the phase 2 supplement of the FSM? the main one is just phase 1.

Well as I said, the shaft DID fit... But fitting the half shaft bolts actually shoved the shaft into the gearbox and put pressure on shit inside that shouldn't have pressure against it which I wasn't happy with, so I put grease on both offending areas and continued to grind away until no grease was transferred to the shaft when it was fully fitted.
So nothing was snagging or forcing anything if you get me.
Joe

yeah that's exactly the problem I had, though it sounds like yours went a little farther in than mine, as when the driveshaft hit the shaft through the middle of the diff the halfshaft bracket was about 8mm from lining up with it's holes. but the fact remains the gti o/s shaft needs modified for the 32v box or it will cause problems :)

... --- ...

Has he got the phase 2 supplement of the FSM? the main one is just phase 1.

I'm not too sure, but you've raised avery good point bro, and I'm sure he'll read this :D THANKS !

yeah that's exactly the problem I had, though it sounds like yours went a little farther in than mine, as when the driveshaft hit the shaft through the middle of the diff the halfshaft bracket was about 8mm from lining up with it's holes. but the fact remains the gti o/s shaft needs modified for the 32v box or it will cause problems :)

... --- ...

Well, Several people have fitted it ok, I just wanted it to be spot on.
Joe

Couple of Photos from today...
Was working like fuck so didnt snap many.
Start of the day, about 11am lol! Car in the SR20 zone!
315062_10150877048300212_712400211_21319028_449330220_n.jpg

Modded Shaft... End skimmed 2mm and seal face chamfered
297934_10150877049475212_712400211_21319039_1490705362_n.jpg

Fucking AUTECH swap y0 !!!
303719_10150877050095212_712400211_21319045_1626330073_n.jpg

Joe

but then simcards didnt.. nor did Daves in ireland... or rowdys

so what's the difference then? is mine and Joe's (and craigs iirc) halfshaft brackets in better condition so when its bolted to the block it pushes the shaft hard against the diff bar? where theres might be looser maskjng the problem, or do you have any other theories? as if the shaft is pushing against that bar then there will be problems at some point, and unless there are different gti o/s shafts then the toothed portion of the shaft must be the same for all of us?

... --- ...

I don't really wanna argue this out in this thread - as I said, it DID fit.. but it WAS exerting pressure on shit inside the box.
Yes people have fitted it straight up.
and yes people have modded the shaft which makes it sit perfectly in the box.
Pick your own approach.
END

Totally fooked after a mental day as Joe has said she is all mounted up :D , just a few things Joe's gonna finish up tomorrow.
Joe still can't thank you enough for this, I never expected to be in and cranking by this evening, even with the few hiccups with the shaft, you work like a demon mate :thumbs:

And Hally you have a pm mate :)

And a small action shot....
IMG_20111025_181609.jpg

Soooo after speaking to Joe she runs fine apart from idle sits at 1000 then drops to 750-800 and stalls occasionally....
I'm thinking toward the IACV or AAC, or maybe an air leak somewhere, any other ideas you guys can bring will be wicked :)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom