Stu-E Autech Engine

Have you spoke to stufa about this as he put the sr18 into a gti... thats exactly what your doing essentially

Have you spoke to stufa about this as he put the sr18 into a gti... thats exactly what your doing essentially

Nope.

Stu used a gti ecu. So had to chop that part of the loom.

Im confident the only modding that will be needed for stu-e's swap is to accomodate a p1 engine in a p2 car

Let's hope so or the car will be stuck in my garage.
Stu has confirmed that the Autech engine loom plugs into his P2 GTi interior loom no problems..
So hopefully, at worst we may have to swap some of the wires around.
Joe

Well at it's most basic level as long as each sensor/wire plugged into the engine goes to the right port on the ECU, it *should* be fine, shouldn't it?

Well at it's most basic level as long as each sensor/wire plugged into the engine goes to the right port on the ECU, it *should* be fine, shouldn't it?

yes.

the ECU loom is irrelevent. cause he is using the loom with a matching ECU. so that will work without a hitch. unless there is differences at the fusebox. which based on white biscuits recent findings, there shouldnt be.

so the only MINOR complication could be the interior loom plugs.

If you are stuck and need a photo of the autech interior plug, gimme a text joe.

Need Pinouts for the connectors between Engine and Interior loom for both Autech (or P1??) and P2 if thats possible??
Stu-E is doing the wiring himself but it'd be nice if we could fathom it out together and get the car running.
Joe

This is what I did putting a P1 engine into a P2 car

when you have both looms side by 1 plug is slightly different, I chopped it off the P2 loom and de pinned it, I then de pinned the P1 plug on the loom one wire at a time, matching them up with the correct wires, there was 1 wire left over that I earthed, another of the wires black with red stripe goes into the plug to match a red wire with a white stripe can be seen in the bottom right corner.

Old layout

IMG_0369.jpg

New layout (P2 plug on P1 loom)

IMG_0370.jpg

Cheers for the help fellas just dropped the engine to Joe car goes up tomorrow :) woop woop
Then we'll see exactly what's needed, what was the wire for that you earthed Sam?

I'm hyped for this now...
The first start feeling on this one is gonna be more satisfying than any of the simple swaps I've done before
Joe

How do you think I feel mate I've been on this since June haha, that Autech lumpy goodness is gonna be like Christmas has come :D

Cracked on with this today fully.
Got Stu's old engine removed, and the Autech engine all loom'd up and fitted belts etc.
Next up was the driver's side driveshaft - which needed modifying. WELL- I say it NEEDED modifying, it DID fit, but fitting the half shaft bolts actually put pressure on both the seal face and the rod through the diff inside the gearbox, so I had to shave the domed section off the end of the driveshaft, and chamfer the bearing face heavily, but in the end it fitted sweet.
Then removed all trace of the Air Conditioning, and removed the Carbon Canister.
Finally, shoved the Autech Engine onto its mounts and connected everything up.
Unfortunately one of the fuel lines was too short for the Highport engine.
BUT, me and Stu did briefly connect the battery and are delighted to say, the fuel pump primes, and the engine turns over a treat :D
So there is a shadow of hope!
I'm gonna buy and fit a new fuel line in the morning and see if we have a runner!
Joe

Yep this is with no wiring changes as yet.
Can't tell as yet, weather it's gonna start or what though.
Stu has been messing with the wiring for most of the day though checking stuff etc, and there is only a few things that appear to be incorrect, although the FSM doesn't match any of his interior loom wire colours. :/
Joe

Back
Top Bottom