Stu-E Autech Engine

Soooo after speaking to Joe she runs fine apart from idle sits at 1000 then drops to 750-800 and stalls occasionally....
I'm thinking toward the IACV or AAC, or maybe an air leak somewhere, any other ideas you guys can bring will be wicked :)

Cheers

Try adjusting the idle had the same problem on the micra... combination with the idle and intakes vac pipe not fitted properly

The rumours are true motherfuckazzz!
But you've alllll got the wrong idea about the idle, its not Idling low... when its on 'Autech' Idle its perfect... as it should be, but sometimes it sits smoothly at 1000-1100 on a fast idle, and doesn't settle. I'm sure pairing the loom wires correctly will solve this (as some of the sensor and IACV wires may be incorrectly paired).
I had work in the afternoon, but got the car basically back in one piece before work, leaving only fluids and other minor stuff to finish after I finished at 4.
Now, when I first started the car, it was still on the axle stands, with one driveshaft, no rad etc - so I didn't film that unfortunately, but once everything was ready to run properly I did snap a video for you guys:

[video=youtube;IQtME2vnTN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQtME2vnTN8[/video]

And another of it running on my drive:

[video=youtube;xUgGwch3b0U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUgGwch3b0U[/video]

And a few snaps of the car, certainly looks something out of the ordinary!!
IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

I'm just glad the swap went as well as it did, and that it runs.
EVERYTHING works - all the gauges, fans etc. Which I'm suprised / happy about!
I test drove the car breifly, and am happy to report it drives awesomely.
You're in for a treat when you drive this Stu! :)
Joe

Just for the record, mine hunts on cold idle the same as that. When its warm it lumps the same. Its just a highport thing.

Excellent work shag, done yourself proud there mate.

Tommo you said it in a nutshell last week I was ready for selling it for real!! Then along comes Joe saying his garage was empty and ready for a shiny Almera to have some love :).

I've just seen the vids as signal at work sucks and it is Christmas Eve syndrome :lol:
Amazing work fella really really top drawer :thumbs:

awesome job felas, joe youll be needing some of this soon!
:lol:

DSC08605-Copy.jpg

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

awww bless...

Back
Top Bottom