Stufagti's turbo build

yep :)

too high,
as my head has been skimmed lots for when i was NA, so as i had a 1.2 mm headgasket it still worked out to be about a 9.2/9.3-1 CR

too high for a turbo i think,

so now im running about 8.2/8.3-1 :lol:
mmm i feel some more boost coming at a more reliable CR :D

9.0 to high for boost what ford tuners you been speaking to!

ask dave bull how high the CR ratio was on little bandit..

or mazworks SPL drag S15.. 90.0mm 11:1 CR CP Pistons 1300BHP!

compression gives you tourque and off bosst drivability.. id sacrifice being able to run a few more psi up top if it means having power from 2K right to the rev limit and the ability to pull your face off from the get go without having to wait for the turbo..

get a VE metal headgasget and some APR head studs from mazworks.. not the Half inch ones.. youll be fine with 9.0:1..

yeah its ok if your gonna strip it down after every race, 11-1 cr ha,
yeah bet the bloack aint standard or using a standard head? er no...

im not going for super power no more than 300 as it be unuseble in a FWD car anyway,
and with my hybrid turbo it spools up nice and early and holds full boost from 3.5k all the way through to the red :D
i know it give more torque but you loose reliability, as it will still remain my daily drive D:

well see :D

bet the block is standard on dave bulls and is the standard head..

trust me 9.0:1 is fine with the right head gasget and decent headbolts.. that wasnt the reasson your last one went up so why change it now?

i know :D but theres hundreds of SR20's if not thousands running 9.0:1 comp and higher at well over 300BHP.. hell the standard gti internals are rated at well over that..

his last engine pulled so strong.. it wont be the same taking a compression point out of it :( if the last one had of gone because of head gasget ect then id think maybe hes right but it went cos of an injector :( and if it was still here now he would be probly thinking baout running more boost and bigger injectors still on 9:1...

True that Ian..
Low compression is for pussies..
Remember you saying to me Stu that it felt faster off boost than it ever did before, when it was N/A..
You don't want any of this sluggish off boost shizzle :)
High compression, high boost FTW!! :)

hmmm i do see your points here, well dales is running 10psi at 9.5:1 and soon 14psi i think.

But if hes got the set might aswell fit them, cant see it being too poor to drive, be around same c.r. as a pulsar

Yeah and you were in the car with me when I smoked Scott B up to 100mph with his shitty off boost pull Paul if you recall......

i understand what your all saying but the cr bla bla bla... but before was too much i dont know exactly but overall ive had at least 1.5mm skimmed off my head,
over the last 3 builds and the first was for the NA,
so with the 9-1 and the 1.2 mm gasket it was alot higher

so what im saying issss.

although they are 8-1 ill still be running close to 9-1 any way,

get it yet?

and i wont get any less torque than i had before as ill be gaining power so the torque will most prob stay the same,:D
260lbft/283bhp after 265lbft/310bhp i aint moaning about that,
anyway pay to be a member before you moan about my cr
still fucking quick!
;)

Yeah and you were in the car with me when I smoked Scott B up to 100mph with his shitty off boost pull Paul if you recall......

yours is a 5 door afterall though shagg, scott and even got any rear windows so in theory that makes yours even faster :D

yeah plus the weight of the turbo/intercooler/massive wheels ;)
what an extra 80kg on a standard gti ?
and joe is 80kg leighter than a standard gti :D

but its only a standardpulsar engine isnt it standard T28 etc,
so running 220 bhp as his had a rebuild on it,

which power to weight aint that much more than you baby ...:D

a few bits :D

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00624.jpg

my car went into the garage today/thismorning but before it did i put my R33 skyline Jdm seats in :D

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

Back
Top Bottom