Stufagti's turbo build

well, bad news ...

ill be off the road for some time now, :(

i was driiving home from eds thursday nite, cruising along at 80, when it started to splutter and make popping noises from the exhaust, then had very little acceleration, :(

this was a about 10:30pm, i called RAC, they come 45mins later, but due to the cover bill got for us he coould only take me 10 miles, bearing in mind i was stuck just before J7 on the M25!!!

he took me to J7 and did a few checks,
he removed all the plugs, in piston No 1 ive never seen a plug like it in my life! the ceramic tip and 'L' shape pickup were completly gone! melted! the rest are perfect, and could see oil slowly filling up the No 1 piston too :( its only the number 1 cylinder that has any probs too ????

RAC wanted £150 pounds to get a truck to come out to take me home but i am totaly skint at the mo so that was a no , :(
so fuck it i drove it home on 3 cylinders, i know i should not have but i did, i was soo upset and dissapointed i actually cried abit on the way home :(
got home at 2am in the end!!

drove it too TK engineering friday morinng, gave them the keys and told them to fix it grrrrrr,

i rang them later in the day for being a tad rude with them :/ and to find out what was up,

so yes cylinders 2,3,4 are fine just 1 is fucked :( its got super super hot and melted the plug and piston(side), also there is very little compresion as you can hera from the rocker cover breather a loud wooooooshing noise, so the plug particals have messed up the bpiston rings and lost compresion,
they say it may be due too the boost but i if it was due to too much air/running lean then it would happen on all of them,

TK engineering think it may be a faulty injector GTART think so too but cant put it all on that untill i get them flow tested, which GTART are doing for free.

this is why its confusing as its only No 1 piston that is fucked, and there is a good chance the plug tips possibly mashed up the exhaust turbine on the turbo too :(:(

ooooh well

im off the road till the end off the year now so doubt ill be coming too many meets as its gonna cost at least 2k to repair :(
new pistons, (if the bore is scored ill have to bore it out but means ill have to do the same with others too :() turbo repair, thicker/new head gasket, all new injectors, and all other parts for yet another rebuild!!!

so it back to my pushbike :)

oh and itll be resprayed too and have a whole new fresh look :D

im going to be canceling my insurance as that was just under 2k!! so together with petrol money i should be able to save up enough pretty quickly,

it was good while it lasted anyway, as most of you will know, ;)

dude tommo told me the other day gutted for you man.. im sure it will be together faster than you think.. you still have to come up to the mids meet even without a car!

yeah ill be there,
its depressing big time, :(

ahh im suposed to be saving for a house to!!,

bill is so not happy either,
but thats why ive cancelled my insurance/petrol so i can save money i would have spent on it anyway :)

saw a r32 opposite bill this morning for sale £1850 ono :)

but im gonna stick with it :)

dude youll get there iv been through so many car you get used to feeling depressed lol it becomes second nature! but so is the cause of messing with cars.. when there working there the best thing ever when they break you fucking hate them!! lol

I still remember last year's JAE mate when you told me you'd never go turbo cos bill said its too unreliable lol
Hope you fix it sometime Stufa
Joe

yeah cheers craig, then when they are, ill bet you £10 whos breaks down first :lol:

thats what my dad did to me, once i did my turbo build and got my imobilizer prob fixed, he bet me £10 it wont be working within a month, hmmmm

A week later .......

joe it was/is reliable but if it is the injector then it cant be due to the turbo ;)

im using NGK iridium 9's, which GTART said are fine and the boost was low, so the only thing its pointing too at the mo is the fueling :/

Arses...I forgot about that bet :/ As I've said mate, stick with the mera and just bide your time till you can get it all shiny again :D

You'll get it working properly soon don't you worry mate. It's the anticipation that'll make it amazing when it's fully working :D You thought about swapping a GA in as a temporary thing to keep it on the road?

I'm sorry to hear of the loss, surely there's some company you can sue for the mess? I know exactly how you feel, especially as I've just got back on the road after taking 6 months to get mine working again.
Seeing as my network and phone is crap, I assumed that it was an April fool that arrived late until Leigh sent me a text too. Don't worry, you'll be back on the road sooner than you think! Good Luck with the re-build!

ha, no, im just getting it off the road as i am going into mega save mode, :D
tescos value haha, :lol:

ive worked out id save nearly £4-500 a month, inc insurance, petrol and running costs!so between now and Xmas thats a good £4k :lol: maybe some more if i save hard enough

but it wont be back till its ALL done, ie

paint/chassis, wheels, body mods (remove side repeaters, +), interior, :D

Will give you a hand when it comes to flushing those repeaters ;) I've already got the materials needed lol.

What do you mean wheels? Not happy with the Team Dynamics?

Can't imagine you driving anything else Stufa :)
Stick with the almera yo ; nothing else will put a smile on your face like that day when you called me and all I could hear was ; "Hahahahahaha this is FACKING amazing mate!!!!"
Joe

Hey Stu, like I said on text, lost for words on your loss! Time to repeat that AOC Dedicated title again! I'm sure you'll be spinning those front wheel soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom