Stus Track Car

Tech1uk said that a few early n15s had highports from the factory.

Good work Stu.

maaaan im gona go seriously off topic here but you just reminded me i had a mental dream last night!

[dream] i went to NME head uk office "dont know if such a plce exsists" and i was asking what dyno's they used to meassure there touring cars output, so the managers didnt know but they said "we know who will come with me" they took me to this workshop and said "this guys your man" so i asked him the question he said he would dig out the information..

so hes shoveling through all these parts looking for a file, ARB's TB's, camshafts ,notebooks full of headflow data ect and i said "do you know anything about VE's (shaggy will like this) he laughed and said pfft fucking B-boy posser shit that.. i said its funny you said that as the latest club figures show the DE making more power (i referenced your car mr rowdy) 211BHP he responded with "i should take my car down and show them that" i said are you tech of the fourm he just smilled and nodded he said yeah im rich (fuck knows if thats techs real name) then i fucking woke up!! [end dream]

sorry for the off topic but your post sparked me off lol

maaaan im gona go seriously off topic here but you just reminded me i had a mental dream last night!

[dream] i went to NME head uk office "dont know if such a plce exsists" and i was asking what dyno's they used to meassure there touring cars output, so the managers didnt know but they said "we know who will come with me" they took me to this workshop and said "this guys your man" so i asked him the question he said he would dig out the information..

so hes shoveling through all these parts looking for a file, ARB's TB's, camshafts ,notebooks full of headflow data ect and i said "do you know anything about VE's (shaggy will like this) he laughed and said pfft fucking B-boy posser shit that.. i said its funny you said that as the latest club figures show the DE making more power (i referenced your car mr rowdy) 211BHP he responded with "i should take my car down and show them that" i said are you tech of the fourm he just smilled and nodded he said yeah im rich (fuck knows if thats techs real name) then i fucking woke up!! [end dream]

sorry for the off topic but your post sparked me off lol

That was the worst parody of Inception ever.

Right got the new egt engine in and running,

got it to redline tuning last night and got it remapped,

got some crazy results! lol!

my sr18de dyno 147bhp, 123lbft
DSC05662Medium.jpg

anyway i paid £80 for this egt engine so tbh wasnt expecting it to be the best thing ever, and it is 17-19 years old and been driven hard and done 80-100k miles!

Belive it or not tho it is quicker than before and has got lots more throttle response :)

anyway,
heres the printouts, :)
145bhp, 129lbft! lol
23032011456.jpg

before and after :)
23032011454.jpg

na i reckon its just the engine sam, :)
old and knackered :)

not nothered tho, is slightly better than before, anyhow all ready for spa now!!!!

no i agree with sam, said all along the sr18 makes same power as the 2litre from less displacement due to cams

looks like it maybe right

right so the afrs before weren't much different to now lookin at the graph? but it's gained like 30bhp? from where? timing map? surely the timing map on there made 147hp on the sr18, how could that be so far out to make 109bhp?

genuine question i'm not tryna be funny, but what else can they have done to gain 30bhp if the green line afr's aren't much different - especially in the top end?

i reckon possible the base timing on the new engine wasn’t checked/adjusted prior to the first run if at all. Was something silly like 10* and now it’s been optimised is all.

yeah it was mainly the timing,
The fueling has been maximised for the power, :) just the dizzy was way off from when me and pel fitted it from the 18 onto the 20, :)

Havent really taken a step bkwards, as it is the same/bit better, and a cheap fix, :)
Gonna do a compression test on it soon,
Thats it now tho, now im gonna strip some more weight from it, especially the boot, sound deadening and doors :)

Back
Top Bottom