Stus Track Car

Lol, crazy hally got it! 158,:) Not mega his had to run alot more fuel through it, due to the higjer air flow, and subsiquently has shit load more torque, dont know how much tho, till later etc,
Im well chuffed tho :)
Sent using turbo powerZ

Its just a brilliant drive, personaly im not bother atall about the figures but they are interesting, but it the way it drives, :) and it was savage before, after i cleaned the filter, then got better with the cams, now im so excited to drive it,
Sent using turbo powerZ

Hrm, I would have thought that should make 160+ though, and drive well with it. If you're chuffed though then :thumb:

Defo steve, tbh i was aiming for 160+, but im more than happy with this, :)

and 110% for people to get there car mapped after they have done mods like cams etc, as it really ties it all in, you may not get loads of hp, but your torque and afrs will be really good along with a smoother power curve, :)

leaving now to get it, ....

even if i did have a nistune i wouldnt map it myself, lol

anyways,

picked it up and it pulls alot harder up the rpms,
175.3bhp and 137lbft :)

Right been driving the track car quite a bit over the last few weeks, and its feeling really nice, planted and direct.

Its has 157.3bhp and 136lbft,
But the power pulls super smooth right up to 7000rpm.

Ive put it away for the time being, on the hunt for a good quality car cover atm.
Ive already got lots of stuff to go on it when i comes bk out,
Full set of new toyo r888
new wishbones
Poly wishbone bushes
New poly arb droplink bushes
Rose jointed track rod ends
New yellow stuff pads
Full 5 piece set of lexan polycarb windows
Oddysey battery
strip out excess wiring
Fit lightweight crank and water pump pullys
Goodridge brake lines
Lightweight flywheel
New unsprung clutch kit
Quaife atb lsd

:D:D:D:D
and all that will be in boxes at the end of my bed lol, apart from the windows as ive gotta take my car to them to fit them, :)

Next year is gonna be a epic one!!!

Nice list there, hoping for a passenger ride in the new season :)

'Rose jointed track rod ends', talk to me about these please?

fiesta_004.jpg

cheers ed, i bought these new off sam a few weeks ago, :)
they look top quality stuff,

they are rose jointed and are made so thet they can be mounted from underneath the knuckle-TRE mount giving better handling/steering and elimating bump steer :)

That's what I thought. I was advised by the guy that makes these in the US that they need to be checked every so often and replaced as necessary. They're not as rugged as the stock ones. So be careful out there :thumb:

That's what I thought. I was advised by the guy that makes these in the US that they need to be checked every so often and replaced as necessary. They're not as rugged as the stock ones. So be careful out there :thumb:

most probably due to them being exposed etc, as the oem ones are all sealled up etc, these are open so ill to get some thick grease on them and clean them regularly, :)

Might be more to it than that. I'm thinking metal fatigue? OEM absorb shocks as they have all the rubber on them.

So Ian do you think it's only due to the fact it's not sealed then that they would not be as durable?

I'd imagine its the fact that they are a dry not lubricated or sealed joint.
You can buy protective gaiters for rose joints though I think...
Joe

Reactions: edk
Back
Top Bottom