Stus Track Car

I'd imagine its the fact that they are a dry not lubricated or sealed joint.
You can buy protective gaiters for rose joints though I think...
Joe

They are teflon or kevlar lined, so dont need lubed.

And yes you can get gaiters.

Im gonna put together a few n15 and n16 sets soon. With full gaiter etc.

I'd buy a set, definitely. So why was the US guy saying they're no good for the road as you need to check them all the time?

they will make it super twitchy cruising on the motor way etc as there is no bush for compliance not ideal for road use

Rose joints need regular inspections and maintenance to prevent play. They wear fast because they are exposed to the elements and are not really meant for road cars because of this. Personally I would stay with the standard type because the very slight benefit they bring over standard track rod ends doesn't outweigh the extra hassle and cost they also bring. You can buy boots but they don't help a vast amount as they don't create a proper seal.

I used to have a set of rose jointed camber arms with the rubber boots on a car that only got used in dry weather and after 3 years and about 8000 miles they had play.

Thats ok then as im only gonna do 1000 road miles and 1000 track mile a year so they should last me a long enough time, :)

Still worth going for imo

some goodies for the new year;

got craigs bronze buddy club P1's
lexan poly windows coming v soon
Quaife ATB dif
lightweight flywheel (in shed)
+
DSC09234.jpg

right got her back today from the lockup, ready to get all my goodies fitted,
and that how little rust there is, and general great condition the body/chassis is in :)

DSC09275.jpg

DSC09274.jpg

DSC09272.jpg

DSC09271.jpg

DSC09270.jpg

DSC09269.jpg

DSC09264.jpg

DSC09263.jpg

DSC09262.jpg

DSC09260.jpg

I have a fixed back sparco, i need to diet slightly though, damn recaros are too heavy for a track car even though i usually do more road mileage one needs lightweight and really tight for for trackdays

you should pull the skirts off and have a good look behind

well considering the way the rest of the car is, im guessing the sills will be ok, ont saying they will be rust free but will be pretty good, :)

my pulsar sill are like new tho, ;)

yeah i like my r33 seats, comfy, :)

no doorcards for lightweight but 2 41 Lb recaro seats?

tell me about it

when i sold him the buddy clubs i offered him a swap for those recaros so he could then buy some proper light seats for it seeing as its a 'track' car

but the poof wouldn't have it, heavy recaros ftl for track action :p

What you all getting at? The thing is still bloody light... this is just arguing at Stu for the sake of it now, even though most of the time I know it's called for :lol:

What you all getting at? The thing is still bloody light... this is just arguing at Stu for the sake of it now, even though most of the time I know it's called for :lol:

I'm just saying those seats are damn heavy and don't even hold you very well, this is a dedicated track car after all

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom