SuperDan's GTI

May have to sell the GTI!!!

Hey lads, last week a car went into the side of me, due to the other driver turnin to much and goin into the side of my door, there isnt to much damage. What happened was the other driver went round the roundabout as i sat at the side of the road, i then thought i sore him go off into the retail park so i went back on myself and tried to cut him off, but i lost him.

Well he must have got my reg cos the old bill came round last night and gave me his details and then took mine. They also told me that his car is a company car!
I am not able to contact the other driver to try and not have the risk of it goin though my insurance, and all im thinkin is if my premiums go though the roof then i wont be able to keep the gti (already pay £100 a month).

I havent rung my insurance yet, was just woundering if any1 has any advise for me.....thanks.

Daniel

well that sucks mate!

as for advice i'm not sure, but if you haven't got other claims/points then i'm not sure 1 claim will up it too much.

how much NCB have you got? is it protected at all?

iv been driving for 2 years in may lol. No i dont think its protected! :(

Just dont know what to do, dont wont to loose my car!

shit dude :(

thinkin about it, surely if he went into the side of you it's clearly not your fault and it should be claimed on his insurance? then wouldn't affect you

it's not like it's your front end damaged like you went in to the back of him is it? what did copper say about whose fault it was etc?

Al she said was that they were sayin i cut them up, when i clearly turned left and they clearly turned left to much an court me, there isnt even that much damage on mine, a think it might be becouse its a company car and he doesnt wont to pay for it himself!

Would you recognise this 'company car' again if you saw it ? The marks on it should help to identify it. If you do, you could slip a non-threatening request for the driver to contact you directly - under the wiper. The Police are obviously keen to avoid a face-to-face encounter in case it ends up in a brawl. But there's no harm in trying the diplomatic route - if the driver doesn't reply, then you know they're trying to blame you 100% for the accident. Also, if you have legal advice included in your policy - use it ! Hope that helps :)

Are you fully comp?

Surely the other driver left the scene of an accident!

Any witnesses?

If the insurance companies cannot appoint blame then it will be a 50/50 job and your premium will go up.

When i wrote off my old Almera it was 100% my fault (in their eyes) i paid the excess (protected so i got that back) and my premium went up £18.

Even if your premium does go up it won't be a lot.

What you need is a witness ;)

Why would my premiums go up if its 50/50 tho?

Anyways if my premiums go up and i loose my no claims bonus ill have to sell the gti.

So if anyone is interested......you can see what i have done to her on here...P.M With an offer??

Cheers

Becaused you will be apportioned 50% of the blame.

A woman took the front off my 205 XS and even though she was totally to blame (witnessed) it was still deemed 10%
my fault!

If the police gave you his details, get round his house and sort it out without going through the insurance!
Express how you feel to him!
Let him know that leaving the scene of an accident carries penalty points, and if you were to notify the police of what happened he would be fucked!
Just tell him your car isn't gonna cost much to fix, get the parts you need off StufaGTi cheap, and everyone's happy :)
Joe

I don't know how they can blame even you even 1%, when I got rear ended in the van whilst sitting at lights it was all his fault, proper insurance fix jobbie did a spot on job and had no affect on us and I got compo.

I spoke to the police woman dealin with it all last night and asked her if she could contact the other driver and give him my number, tell him where i work and tell him that what ever damage is on his car ill pay for! I havent heard out yet, probs couse its a company car, it might all be out of his hands now!

You should have just said you knew nothing about it! maybe he saw your number plate but still it doesnt mean you were there . He could of maybe taken your details in a car park, or summin like that.

DO NOT ADMIT FAULT, UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN WITNESSED ,is what ive always been told.

if he had damaged lights after the crash you should have just said his indicator wasnt on! or no lights on , its to late to prove anything now tho.

but i feel for you tho ive been in a similar situation ended up paying the bloke £600 for a few scratches (PRICK)

Wellas you all probly know.....i got my new alloys at the meet on sunday of Mark (simcard).
Was going to spray them up myself on monday just untill the summer and then ill get them powder coated properly, but its snowed lol.

So today i got my paint out as it was nice and sunny and went all JDM on them :D
And if i say so myself....im very pleased!!! :D

Before, on monday :( -
DSC00249.jpg

After -
DSC00258.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00261.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

I never expected them to be perfect but im happy cos they look loads better than they did (All curbed), Like i said come the summer they will be getting done properly :D

Will get some proper photos tomorrow :D

Cheers
Daniel

Back
Top Bottom