Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

after yesterdays day of love, i fucking knew i would have my arse bitten.

as posted 10,000 times yesterday i went out to fix the leaky power steering pipe. the one on the 1.4 litterally dropped off. as is always the case on that fucking ace little car. unfortunatly the clips and hoses were a bit old looking so decided to see what the gti ones were like. went to the gti and the bolts broke off the back of the headlight despite a shower in plus gas. not only did it break the bolt off the back on the bottom one, it also smashed the black plastic on the underside of the headlight to pieces. came to the powersteering cooler bar and the clips and hoses were worse. at this point i was suicidal so used a piece of blue samco type 103 stuff, and the 2 best clips. to fix the headlight, out comes tommo's favourite tooling, BONDO. stuck it all over the fucking place, handfull of cable ties later and it looks like an almera again. how long either of todays fixes last, is anybodys guess. personally i couldnt give a flying fuck.

[/rant]

personally i couldnt give a flying fuck.

[/rant]

:lol:

sorry i shouldn't laugh - that sucks dude, but that last bit got me! lol. Probably cos it reminds me so much of me when tryin to do things on mine.

Oh well mate, i'm sure it'll last fine. Do you mean the actual back casing of the headlight? as in you could do with a new one? Cos i have a spare set and i'll only be using the passenger side one to replace my cracked one. ;)

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

after mucho being pissed off, fixing something every other weekend, trying to look after it, improving stuff, it seems to be paying off. love/hate relationship seems to be love after today. went on a dyno day with www.octaneboost.co.uk today at StreetRacers in leicester, absolutely over the moon with the result. considering there is no unichip, no mapping, no fueling correction, just the cams, filter, manifold, sports cat and a backbox, light fly and an exedy clutch, we have.....

IMG_0593.jpg

171bhp@6800rpm & 134lb/ft@5315 @fly, 130.5@wheels, which rings true as wezz made 210ish fly & 170ish wheel. just as an indication to accuracy, last week my mate mart ran his H22 prelude at a RR in tewksbury and made 201.3, today made 200.7..... so the dyno must be fairly universal....

few pics

the new lucky charm mascot that brought me good luck, the gti horse :lol:

IMG_0592.jpg

getting ready to go...

IMG_0586.jpg

few cars that went

IMG_0588.jpg

.....and weighing down the supra as it wanted to slip out of the rollers...

IMG_0585.jpg

comments welcome....

Yeah woop woop – say street racers got a new set now. They didn’t have a stand alone rolling road when I went there last. It was in the main workshop.

What did the fella say about how it performed? Running spot on or could do with………………….
david

..........some form of control over the afr.

however it wasnt that bad. dip in power/torque when vtec kicks in but when the S3R's start singin it aint too bad. probably just get a fpr and have it set up properly. not in the near future though, im all but broke.

Back
Top Bottom