Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

Just to cheer you up a bit...

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

so it goes like this......

last night the heater direction control thing died (feet, windscreen, blowers etc). and the stereo froze up. then the clifford central locking pissed me off. so i punched it and skinned my knuckles. so in order to get to the heater thing i had to take the fascia off. then found the stereo was jammed in. so took the stereo out with the fascia and ended up raggin the stereo out the fascia. now. seeing as ive always hated the ripspeed stereo im ditchin it and fitting the oem sony out the Si. also took out the sub/amp/ rear screen wiring. saved a whopping 2300000000kgs out the gti tonight. top bombing....

question is.... how much wiring does 1 stereo need?

Photo-0045.jpg

Photo-0046.jpg

tom

that nothing, see how much the flip out screen one have lol, can get away with it in an almera as theres loads of room behind but try another car and give up.

weight saving thread tommo? :P

that pic dont include the wiring to the rear screens... my new head unit has a built in psp! although i am actually using my psp... hmmmmm..... no weight loss in this one dude.....

Went for a drive out to wales at the weekend with the mrs, stayed in bangor saturday night but managed to take in the Evo Triangle and and the A4212 Trawsfynydd to Bala.

Few pics to waste your lunch break on

tomroute.jpg

Left side of the triangle, 1/3 way up

Photo-0063.jpg

Photo-0062.jpg

top of the triangle

Photo-0064.jpg

Photo-0065.jpg

that famous forest stretch (right side 1/3 way down)

Photo-0069.jpg

Photo-0068.jpg

Llyn brenig (right side half way down)

Photo-0067.jpg

Photo-0066.jpg

stopped at this scenic masterpiece on the way, somewhere between Capel Curig and Bethesda

Photo-0072.jpg

Photo-0073.jpg

on the way back sunday:

Llyn Ogwen

Photo-0083.jpg

Photo-0082.jpg

Then went from Betws-y-coed (used the Shell station evomag use :lol: ) down through Festiniog to Trawsfynydd and onto the A4212. stopped at Llyn Celyn then headed to Bala, piss stop then home.

Llyn Celyn

Photo-0085.jpg

Rear engine mount is shafted again, flexi piece on the hotshot is shafted again, brakes are on there last legs and it still leaks pas fluid and water.

ah well.

cheers

tom

LOVELY pictures mate.. You'll have the new rear mount the weekend so thats one thing off your mind :)
Mine's leaking PAS fluid now too :(
Joe

Nice pics, the cattle grid on the last stretch of the triangle is horrific. See any other 'triangle users' out there?

i was expecting the cattle grid, read about it on the pistonheads forum! saw a luminous green (strange standard colour) ST205 GT4, not sightseeing, thats for sure, and on sunday on the A4212, 2 lotus exiges and a scooby in convoy going the opposite of slow. awesome roads int they :lol:

Yeh mint, probably better this time of the year as no traffic or police...in the summer the Police use unmarked R1's to 'patrol' it:( What a fuckin good job they have.

Back
Top Bottom