Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

nop but apparently theres one in the post. btm rad hose is still leakin so that explains water loss! fixed it once. also had a brand new flexi and rear engine mount the other month. knackered again. and garnz thinks he's pissed off :lol:

Great pics buddy, stopping to take pics can mar the driving experience a wee bit tho
Sorry to hear about the lil problems you having, least you know what and where the problems are.

See you the wkend bud :)

David

looki awesome mate. and that capel curig - bethesda shot looks a v nice.

how can a mount go that quickly? and stupid question- how you tell when ones gone?

trust me craig, you'll know! all i can think is that, solid front mount + oem rear mount + 180bhp = lots of stress. new oem rear was a pattern part, non nissn, but surely there not that much different.

anyways, SUPERSHAG has come to the rescue and im off down there friday morning to throw a prothane rear in (cheers shag).

Haha no worries boss :)
I'd bondo up the main engine and gearbox mounts also if I were you haha.
180bhp held by floppy rubber = fail
Joe

i can still feel a bit of movement, no where near as bad as before though. in time im gonna prothane the sides as well. its only fair seeing as the engine is too powerful for its own good :lol:

treated her to a well needed service today, plugs, oil filter, oil, engine treatment, magnecor KV85s on order, selecta.

exhaust fix this week hopefully, brakes being ordered wednesday. www.brakeparts.co.uk - standard rear discs, standard pads all round and grooved fronts, £180 delivered. currently running this setup and apart from the rears being shagged, they work fine.

going to fix leaky power steering pipes tomorrow, hopefully do the TPS sometime this week, FINALLY getting somewhere.

cool cool

what engine treatment did you use mate? never done this

did my tps today too, was a fair bit high, not tested it really yet though. good to see you're not totally disillusioned, i'm through the other side i think, as long as MOT goes ok!

wynns engine treatment. crazy stuff, i love it. its like a thickener, and lubricator all in one. thickens the oil so it doesnt force leaks anywhere, but also loosens it so it still flows nice. i purposely wiped some on my hands and it is a reaaaaaly strange feeling. hmmmmmmmmmm.... :lol:

early indications are...

YUS!

BKR6EY's are smooooth y0. even sounds nice again despite a shagged flexi. going to change the fuel filter as well for loves sake.

Back
Top Bottom