Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

the roof fin is staying as im not sure how its stuck down and whether it will damage paint taking it off. the stock aerial is smaller you see. plus its a nod to its previous lifestyle. similar to an old businessman who still has a Rolling Stones tattoo on his arm. aside from that it doesnt really offend me. often consider matt blacking it but wonder whether it will stand out more :\

cheers lads :)

Hows it driving compared to when you first purchased it ?

still puts a huge grin on my face :lol: still bumpy in traffic and smooth at speed. still spins up off the mark at every given opportunity. bettr on the motorways now ive mastered driving it. dont need to thrash down slip roads, just bang it in 5th sit back :lol: its how i drive it that has changed, i still give it some beans occasionally, but i dont feel the need to overtake everything like in the 1.4. as if i loved the thrill of risky overtaking. now i tend to sit back if theres a single carriageway overtake opportunity, i love it too much to make risky moves!

i know pet. im in love with this picture though..... the colour coded spoiler finishes it off a treat.

Image0084.jpg

also, DAVID, you'll be proud, painted my faded silver wiper arms :)

Image0085.jpg

Did you just use some regular black spray shit for them?

so my backbox has been blowing quite badly recently, decided to sort old texas pete with a box that doesnt leak. brought a bargain job off smoggy (cheers) but it was going to be an arse to fit. luckily a few months ago my main exhaust man phil took some near new magnaflow boxes of a big diesel audi. big bore through, small boxes, half decent tip. for the price he did me i couldnt say no. also sounds a little louder and very savage on wot... crazy how slight differences in backboxes change sound so much! anyway, looks like so. slashed cut look, but with insert and rolled inwards. not what id have chosen but great for the price!

Image0092.jpg

also found out after a poke around while it was on the 4 poster, front springs have been cut, crank seal is weeping, chassis rails are starting to look old. cill rust is litterally bubbles, and touch wood, it seems fairly straight! little surface rust same as any other one, but meh, its all good for me :)

i might be out of place here but i thought this motor was................... how can i put it - pukka. i remember the last owner singing to high heaven how sweet it was for the price. You’ve done a tone to it and i don't mean modding either WTF. Least its in good hands now and your making it better.

Ah you replaced your ruptured backbox then boiii :)
Wonder how long it'll be before you rip your backbox again
Hahaha

Nahh in all seriousness I really like this one :) and if it sounds good, sweet! As David said, everything you do is making this beast better..
Keep it up!
Joe

david you slut, didnt think you were like that x

anyway, did a garage thing out of boredom, heres a few pictures i put in it

Image0102.jpg

few little additions GTiR Headrests + some Nismo Headrest cushions off smoggy. probably ebay specials but i like them :) ignore the dust, its due a good clean. when you work in a joinershop, keeping your car clean is a nightmare :(

Image0099.jpg

tom

That steering wheel makes me nauseous. Whilst driving, is it like looking at a light bulb and when you close your eyes you can still see it?

Or has the camera just made it that bright and it's actually red?

Back
Top Bottom