Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

haha nice tommo,

i just found this

273028%20titanbadge.gif

FROM HERE....

lol stu

and sooooo.... it appears that T-Pain will be on a fucking boat sailing past rugeley powerstation bringing me some Daiyama's in the not to distant future. also got a nismo adj.FPR sat next to me. picking up another HotShot header as well next week.

that is all.

eyarrr then ya fuckers

after a bargain purchase off corbs, i brought rowdys old daiyamas. didnt have Cspanners with them so i went and got some from tegiwa, tein copies which inevitably were useless. so first thing this morning i set about them, fronts were relatively easy. put one on the driver side, wasnt happy with the way the brake line clipped in so tried the other. no where near. back on with the first one. with both fitted, ride height level on the units although it looks uneven parked up, but meh. at this point raceworx had turned up to swap his rear bottom mounts for mine as he wants slammage, i dont. found out that the shocks appear shorter on gen 1 daiyamas and the springs are a smaller diameter on gen 1s. so strip the gti until the bottom shock bolts which were seized in true almera/texas pete fashion. so the rears are not fitted yet but im getting her tracked tomorrow anyway, and getting the rears done after my holiday by someone with more tools than me, and a 4 poster preferably :lol:

pro's - no bounce! drives lovely. think tracking will make it spot on although it drives as straiht as it did before, just hope somewhere can do it tomorrow as im not here next weekend... strange thing is that after a good drive out today, i thought it was feeling drifty, but as it happens i reckon that because its not leaning as much in corners it appears more solid even with lowering springs still on the rear and looking like its under heaving braking whilst stood still... winner...

cons - none bar already bashing my bumper and taking a chunk out the speed bump at the end of my road with my engine brace.

oooooof

Image0175.jpg

Image0176.jpg

Image0177.jpg

Image0178.jpg

cheers to corbs, rowdy, raceworx and sam for his tech knowledge...

Glad they`ve gone to a good home Tommo! Yeah i never liked the brake pipe clips. Infact i think they caused my braided lines to break down twice.

I never had the spanner, and just used a large screwdriver + hammer.

Car looks the dogs.

good to see you again dude always enjoy our time together :P

atleast we learned some usefull stuff about the difference in damper sizes springs ect :D

weeeeeeeeeeeeee :uberlol:

also, just come off the phone to my friend stu from J10 meets, when i get back off my hols im gonna pop over to SEVS to get the rears done :)

Back
Top Bottom