Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

as much as i appreciate the offer wezz, i do, im not gonna commit to buyin or doin anythin until it either a)dies a horrible watery oily messy death, b)uses silly amounts of oil and water, c)knocks like truckin racers headboard or d)i drive it too fast, errrr, slow and break it. who knows, it may just be a freak of gti nature. similar to supermonsters who uses oil but runs fine...

well if its still alive and yours hasnt gone by end of show season ill take it lol

just to add im not gonna whinge about it any more, and i wont drive it carefully to accommodate it. ive got a cammed gti and im not afraid to use it

ive never driven a standard gti, i remember going in pablos a couple of years back as a passenger, but it feels soooo harsh and aggressive compared to what i remember.

usually, you will buy a new car, use it daily and get used to the power and not neccessarily get bored, but not enjoy it as much as that first week. im still enjoying it like the first week. theres something about 4.5k onwards that just puts a little grin in the corner of your mug.

i'm a bit like that with mine still, but sex weeing about the thought of cams coming soon :D

thank god for a rusty hose clip and fooked HG!

look into it dude, but i seem to remember people saying that S3's arnt as good an upgrade in a P11 GT SR than the GTi SR. (highport SR in the GT supposed to have good cams out the box)

well i should be getting cams from stewarty and going in a pre skimmed GTi head at kristians.

was gonna then keep the p11 head and port/polish - swap it back at a later date. Although there's a possibility the heads cracked - it's using loadsa water and runnin 3 cylinders. i knew the p11 was supposed to have a few more torques but thought it was still lowport. Wasn't it just the p10 non-roller that was highport?

*sorry for hi-jack btw!*

hijack away i couldnt care less in my thread, it adds more pages and makes me look ace :lol:

always though the P11GT was a highport, hence the extra 3 powers....

hijack away i couldnt care less in my thread, it adds more pages and makes me look ace :lol:

always though the P11GT was a highport, hence the extra 3 powers....

:lol:

i should bloody know really shouldn't i?! :lol: it's in my bloody car :O

just had a quick search tho, seems they are same. Oh well either way, fingers crossed cams and cat back coming soon.
I want this aggression you speak of :D Although the prim engine did seem a bit better than the mera one, but then the mera one was fooked

No its a lowoprt, come on tommo you should know that! I had one in my GTi (Its the engine thats sitting on the garage floor that I scowl at). It didnt have a cat in the manifold is all.

P10 eGT is highport.

lmao pork swordage

so the p10 eGT is highport and p11 GT is lowport but has a tad more power than the GTi due to no precat?

apparently just the precat yeah, so there's no difference with ssac header anyway. cam time, cam time!! :D

oh and a car that doesn't use 1 litre of water per mile :lol: looks like a fookin steam train

Back
Top Bottom