Texas Pete ('99 GTi)

What have you done to my car! You've boring-afide it! Lol. The bonnet is ok but doesnt look like it fits properly the way it sits up! The wheels dont look as good and i loved those seats it had in it dammit!

Na seriously tho mate- fair play to you, you are personalising your car, all i did was drive it around pretty much looking the same as the day i bought it. Your givin it the personal touch and thats what its all about surly.

Seens as no one rele likes the F50 bonnet which was one of the few mods i did do- can i get some praise for the GTI graphics down the side please! They were one thing i did do! No ones mentioned em but i think they look bloody awesome- please dont take them off!

have to agree jedi, the subtle graphics down the side look awesome, never seen em close up though, they on your thread?

right, to address the comments, jedi im sowwy :( the graphics are ace though, had loads of comments off me mates for those, compliment the dark wheels,. david, ive lifted the bonnet because the F50 vent was functional, and i liked the fact heat came out the vents, keeping the bay a bit cooler, so lifting the rear edge of the bonnet has the same effect, i like it even if you dont lol as for the steering wheel, PAH ive got a super rare red and black gti steering wheel, even thought the red is painted (proper material spray stuff, got receipts in the folder for it) slightly worn as well lol. cov, i was fitting the wheels and number plates in the rain so tire shine ws the last thing on my mind lol and also as i said with the seats, not very comfortable after a week, shame as they were nice seats.

finally, ive been out in it this afternoon and it drives really nice. desperately needs that engine mount but aside from that its comfortable, not clumpy at all, still bouncey but bearable, and most of all it handles really well. some stickier tires wouldnt go amiss, they were ok on the 1.4 but throwing twice the power at them sort of cancels that out lol

cheers for the comments

tom

Yeah I really like the look of it, although IMO it looks less like a show car now but that isnt necessarily a bad thing. I've always liked the graphics down the side, look like the 'OEM+' style that damo was after.

By comments posted you would think that it was the "AOC's" car and not a members lol!
Looks better now in my opinion apart from the bonnet protector thing, think it's the difference in the colour though. I sat in those seats for 10mins and they were uncomfy so don't know how you lasted a week tommo and jedi for all that time lol.

I thought they were comfy around the arse area, but the only bit that let them down was the upper back, it digs into you and curves your spine, and the headrests were too far back. A shame really because they looked really good!

you been out in this then chris? if so what did you think?

Yup. Had never been in a GTi before let alone a modded one and couldn't believe how fast it was. Was pretty impressed. Remembered buying a GTi and deffintly feeling a difference between the two!!
Got plenty of pics too of it, can chuck them up if you want?!

Yup. Had never been in a GTi before let alone a modded one and couldn't believe how fast it was. Was pretty impressed. Remembered buying a GTi and deffintly feeling a difference between the two!!
Got plenty of pics too of it, can chuck them up if you want?!

awesome! yes please mate :)

Here you go mate.

IMG_8363.jpg

IMG_8372.jpg

IMG_8373.jpg

IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_8382.jpg

IMG_8383.jpg

IMG_8386.jpg

And when more than 3 people used to turn up to Scottish meets back in teh day!!!
IMG_8367.jpg

you can see in some of the pics if you look close just how bad the front bumper was! When i bought the car i picked it up from the airport and the first thing i saw when i walked up to the car in the car park was this stupidly pebble dashed bumper sticking out from the cars parked around it. It had to be sorted! Looks alot better now and the stone guard paint has insured its never had a chip since.

I spose the seats just depend on your size i guess, i was fine with em but i will admit they are not as comfortable as the standard ones

Ohhhh! I thought I recognised the numberplate but couldn't put my finger on it!

Jahhh... Grr(i think?)'s Gti was shitting quick and sounded amazing also!

Back
Top Bottom