th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Have found some minor annoyances, like the brake clips sometimes touches the brake disc giving a squealing sound - not much I can do about it. The air ventilation dial that elects direction from face to windscreen seems disconnected. Still can't figure out why the fogs don't work - all Relays seems to be there?

The air direction, remove the radio, look down, you can see a black cable(like one a push bike brake cable) connected to the back of the direction knob, see if its caught or not in a clip, but moer than likely it'll be stretched, if you pull on it slightly and adjst the knob you should then start getting air out the windscreen vents, just use a tie wrap round some of the metal framework and round ther cable to give it a bit pull then it'll work all the time.

truely is a fantastic piece of machinery you have there ;) 350 not enough :lol:
350bhp is not really enough when you got a Turbo that is capable of 500bhp.

I've driven this car and I have never felt so terrified in my life! It was more scary than my mates 700bhp Skyline that I shot gunned a few months ago. You don't really have time to look anywhere other than forwards. The gearbox sounds like an X-Fighter from Star Wars and if you're not careful it wheelspins in every gear. Although the engagement is light 1st gear is a mission to pull away smoothly.

The only surprise with this car is that although it has almost every whiteline product on it, it still loses grip in a straight line when you cane it.... I think I need some serious driving lessons to handle this car and in a way it's not an ideal daily drive. th3k3ymast3r's lucky he only has to walk to work lol.
Congrats in the accomplishment th3k3ymast3r... I guess it would be the understatement of the year to tell you not to get carried away!

What kind of blades are you guys using cause mine are fine!

I have the STORM mono wiper and I got the flat blade from the same person?! Might have to downgrade until I can figure whether fettling the fitment would fix the uneven pressure on the window or its simply the blade itself. I've emailed STORM to see if they simply sent me the wrong one.

I have the STORM mono wiper and I got the flat blade from the same person?! Might have to downgrade until I can figure whether fettling the fitment would fix the uneven pressure on the window or its simply the blade itself. I've emailed STORM to see if they simply sent me the wrong one.

will be interesting to find out have a Storm one myself and need to replace it ....and want something better...

Okay an update on the flat blades on a mono wiper. Their reply was:

Hi Leigh Sorry for the problems you've had. The easiest thing to do is if you could send us the wiper arm, wiper blade and smooth cover back we will do a minor adjustment and put it all together for you to simply fit to the car. We'll send it back to you the same day we receive it via Royal Mail 1st Class delivery. Thanks. Storm Wipers

So I'm not sure whether the problems is that I have the smooth cover that makes the pressure uneven. Andy do you have the smooth cover too? If not, I guess they may need to make an adjustment to the arm? Plus I won't be able to use the car in a rainy day - not that I do during the weekdays?

My bad, I don't have a STORM wiper. Have flat blades though :) Good luck with the fix!

Okay an update on the flat blades on a mono wiper. Their reply was:

So I'm not sure whether the problems is that I have the smooth cover that makes the pressure uneven. Andy do you have the smooth cover too? If not, I guess they may need to make an adjustment to the arm? Plus I won't be able to use the car in a rainy day - not that I do during the weekdays?

i just got a smooth cover today in the post, so yet to fit it

the single wiper works great with a conventional wiper, but they just look a bit big. i was going to get a different make of flat wiper to see if it is the same

Had some spare time so took a shot of the car - in the dark!
car_at_night.jpg

Something I've been meaning to do actually. I'm too lazzy though :D I like the way that at night the polished rims pick up lights.

Here some pictures taken today or rather yesterday. Was planning taking her to Liverpool for the week, but this morning the starter motor died. So she's on the ramps again for all to see under the skirt shots.

fmic_mugshot.jpg
front_lip.jpg

whiteline_stuff.jpg
turbo_lines.jpg

Lastly, a piece of Tuning Japanese project car, makes my turbo look weedy in comparison!

tj_big_turbo.jpg

Underbrace and sway bars :D Nice.
Your blue looks stunning in those pics. Don't change it!
I'm gonna have to pay Tuning Japanese a visit as they're so local, just for the hell of it!

Back
Top Bottom