th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

whats it drive like? whats it sound like? where are the fucking videos of this thing flying?

lol, if you want you could ask stufagti (Stuart), he had a passenger ride last TBDEV meet in Thurrock. Think he needed to catch his breadth afterwards, I think he got scared at one point and even started bracing himself when he knew the next gear change or boost was going to come on.

Personally, I think its relatively quiet the whine of the straight cut gears is louder than anything else. There is some huge torque steer when applying the power (strangely always to the right?). Gear 1 and 2 is almost impossible to drive smoothly.

In terms of feel, well you literally are launched into your seat. You can feel the whiteline stuff working at the corners and bends. Some cars literally don't expect me to take roundabouts as quickly as the car can and frequently they end up halfway across their line when realising they won't make it in.

Edk (Ed) will be taking videos this weekend at Surrey Rolling Road for the NPOC & AOC meet so hopefully he'll kindly get me a copy to upload. I've got an onboard cam but no sound mic so may set this up for the run to SRR.

TBH I haven't really pushed the car to it full capability as I'm still waiting on the Big Brake upgrade to be fabricated (Jan 2009), and the EBC Discs & Pads are less than adequate for the power.

Okay the results from SRR are:

Boost set at 1.25bar
1-25bar.jpg

AFR 11.6%
afr-11-6.jpg

WHP
whp.jpg

Pretty happy at that, Charlie (SRR) said if I up the boost 1.3 or more could easily hit the 400s but I'll hold until I get the HG replaced but only after the brakes are fabricated!

I'll upload more pics later, good see Ed and James there.

jesus h christ! absolutely awesome - i can't imagine driving this thing, phenomenal mate. 300 at the wheels, good god :eek:

on top of that it looks and handles brilliantly. my fave n15, top work.

Looking good Leigh.. What a beast! :thumbs:

Is there something wrong with the headgasket, or is it just for precaution?

Looking good Leigh.. What a beast! :thumbs:

Is there something wrong with the headgasket, or is it just for precaution?

Nothing wrong with the stock HG, just if I want to up the boost pressure it would be best to uprate the HG first - so yeah a precaution if anything. Stock internals are good up til 450bhp but am only interested at 400 as a moderate safe measure. Safety first I need to upgrade the brakes from the EBC ones I currently have before any further power increase.

Still, an amazing ride and very happy with it. :D

Well you know how ya doodle while on the phone well its a bit further than that but was trying to imagine what stickers would look like on the car. Then what a carbon door would look like then a carbon spoiler:

The results are:
stickers.jpg
carbon.jpg
wide_wing.jpg
side_mod.jpg

now doodling the next version.

not so keen on that, maybe if you had it done as carbon but had it sprayed,

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Nissan/Pulsar/auction-184441087.htm

Carbon Fibre hood and Fibreglass wings ;)

Looking forward to the "o Dog" carbon solution. I've added a carbon wing; still looks patchy to me perhaps it is better to get them sprayed. I know State side they do carbon-fibre in red, I wonder if the blue version, if any, would look better.

Did the stickers in carbon pattern too, looks better - but tbh was never a sticker fan. You gotta have the right graphics and positioning to pull it off. I think in the case of the mera the classic shape and keeping to it is the closest to looking good.

Unreal man
Actually in love with it
Would Love to own something like it
Absolute credit to you

Thanks for your comments much appreciated. Took the best part of a year to do, still requires a better brake system but still an awesome ride nonetheless. I'm hoping before JAE I would have this resolved and possibly either an HKS BOV or torque damper too.

Back
Top Bottom