th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Okay just a quick update I've received my new turbo

GT3071R-WG086.jpg

The car is currently at tuningjapanese.co.uk their replacing the ECU with an AEM/Apexi Power FC, installing a swirl pot and they've strengthened and bracketed all the loose parts in the bay.

On initial test they got the car back at 280bhp after repairing leaks to the area behind the engine near the firewall. After remapping on the e-Manage they were able to boost up to 360bhp. However, he suggested that I replace the wiring from engine to loom with the A'pexi boost and AEM ECU as this makes for less wiring. They've fixed the fuel leak and will be installing a swirl pot in the boot. Should get it back next Saturday!

Glad you got the leak sorted out, and power is up where it should be. What turbo did you decide to go with?

Glad, you have got it all sorted, is the 360bhp with the new turbo? Because I'm pretty sure the standard turbo wouldn't flow that much.

Get some more pictures up as soon as you can.

Jme_GTi said:
Glad, you have got it all sorted, is the 360bhp with the new turbo? Because I'm pretty sure the standard turbo wouldn't flow that much.

Get some more pictures up as soon as you can.

Apparently, thats what they got on their rollers with the T28 still in. He's completely stripping all the wiring now and installing an AEM ECU with an Apexi FC. I notice I mentioned earlier it has less wiring but its also a setup they commonly do with their pulsar customers and it gives a greater control for mapping.

After, he says I won't be needing the e-manage, or the Z32 MAF AF I ordered from the States and it will negate the need for the HKS LSD. However, he did say once the setup is complete we can then look into installing the GT3071WG Turbo with the 740cc Nismo injectors.

I'll get the print outs he has next Saturday.

Well the car is still at the tuners, apparently everything is installed but he's having problems stabilising at idle. Becoming very wary of the spiralling cost at £75 an hour! This would definitely set back the turbo upgrade to at least next year! :(

Well I suppose the work is a need as opposed to extra. So looks like next week again.

Probably changing the header manifold myself, since its a direct replacement on the stock GTiR manifold. So I can save some money on the larger turbo fitments and piping.

Here are a few pics from tuners, a general tidy up of the breather pipes and wiring. All bits which were bunged/terminated or was just hanging loose are all connected up.
The washer bag has been relocated and are now working.

The most obvious addition is the swirl pot. Amazed he was able to find a place under all the pipe work.

DSC00414.jpg
DSC00413.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

GTiR ECU replace by AEM ECU
DSC00408.jpg

More to follow on my next visit.

im not suprised you having trouble have you read the aem website just read the nissan bit.. nothing but complaints about base maps crap idle and the triggor disks not working lol they do a replacment triggor wheel that should sort he problem dude...

Raceworx said:
im not suprised you having trouble have you read the aem website just read the nissan bit.. nothing but complaints about base maps crap idle and the triggor disks not working lol they do a replacment triggor wheel that should sort he problem dude...

Would be handy to have a clicky not obvious where on their site you are referring to issues with the AEM ECU. Is the issue referring to the Plug'n'Play version or the universal one? I have the universal one; so it will need custom mapping anyway. I can see why base maps would be crap since they are base maps and assume plenty of variables which could not necessarily guarantee it will work fine first time round.

Besides, the idling issues the tuner is having is that of a missing sensor on the engine?! Hopefully get a call back later today as to how he's got on.

Thanks for the heads up tho, I'll look into it myself a bit more.

Benskett said:
let me know how the gearbox holds as if the Autech doesn't sell then this is going to happen to mine.

Still got the T28 in there, just wanted to get everything fixed first before dropping the GT301R in! Did mention it to Tim at tuningjapanese.co.uk its something we'll discuss when I get to that next Stage along with stiffening up the suspension.

Okay, the car is still at the tuners working on the AEM programming. I've given them the okay to install the GT3071R turbo in the meantime. I've received my A'PEXi AVCR (Black) and awaiting the SARD 800cc Injectors, SARD FPR and RAIZIN Volt Stabiliser to arrive from Japan.

Next on the list is the Nismo Mechanical LSD or a OS Giken one.

Just wondering guys whether its safe to run on standards internals? Or I should go and uprate to the JWT S3 Cams, Conrods, Pistons etc. I've seen threads on GTIROC saying they're okay up to 400bhp.

Also, do you think an Oil cooler is essential?

Cheers!

Where can you get these LSD's from? I'm interested in getting one. Also with regards to the pistons, i know alot of GTIR owners who changed theirs once they went over 350bhp, just for peace of mind.

Simcard said:
Where can you get these LSD's from? I'm interested in getting one. Also with regards to the pistons, i know alot of GTIR owners who changed theirs once they went over 350bhp, just for peace of mind.

Nismo GT LSD & Mechanical LSD

I also have a contact in Japan on another forum who can source most things. Like from a rare Volt Stabiliser to a 900bhp R32 Skyline? So I'm guessing size isn't a factor - just depends on how deep your pocket is?

PM me if you want me to put you in contact.

Quick update, we've given up on the AEM ECU, it appears to be faulty and has been sent back to the US. So for now we've adopted the A'PEXi Power FC route which seems to work a dream.

I'm still waiting on my racing SARD FPR, SARD 800cc Injectors and RAIZIN Volt Stabiliser from Japan. So Tim at Tuning Japanese has put on some 560cc injectors and a standard SARD FPR, he has also replace the fuel pump, apparently faulty too?

So on initial test we are getting 300bhp at .9bar so sounding promising. I'll be installing the A'PEXi AVCR Boost controller now - happy days! Considering I haven't seen the car in almost 2 months!

Some on the GTiROC have said stock internals are good for 400bhp, so I'll probably still to a final output around that mark.

Got some good discount on 356/32 8 pot caliper big-brakes so may get them next.

Th3k3ymast3r said:
Got some good discount on 356/32 8 pot caliper big-brakes so may get them next.
Glad to see you're actually thinking about looking after yourself. I thought you were a bit mad putting a 500bhp turbo before uprating the breaks lol.
Any idea if you'll get it back before Christmas?

Back
Top Bottom