'The Sleeper'

Chris is entitled to his opinion too. Free speech is a bitch and sometimes people get offended, but you can always ignore it rather than get into warrior mode and look up wiki. This is only the Internets.

How does "Fucking Noobs" actually constitute an opinion? It's just abusive. I think I've made a well founded and cogent argument and I think a few people agree with me. I haven't been agressive or offensive as far as I can gather so I don't think that being sworn at is an appropriate response do you? I agree that the car may not look like it packs that much of a punch but a sleeper it is not, in my opinion.

No point arguing it with me mate, look at my post above.

I think you've far too easily stepped past the fact it's just the internet and you can ignore it.

If you knew Chris you'd know it was actually light hearted and was just saying it for a laugh. Don't take it personally, don't get offended, walk away from the post.

Ross, I think you've got a contender for your title mate :D

Chill out lol. Maybe I was harsh, maybe I wasn't, doesn't really matter and not gonna bother justifying my post now after seeing your replies, not gonna turn this into a back and forth so drop it.

Wrong_internet.jpg

Chill out lol. Maybe I was harsh, maybe I wasn't, doesn't really matter and not gonna bother justifying my post now after seeing your replies, not gonna turn this into a back and forth so drop it.

Fair play. Obviously took it the wrong way. Like edk said if I knew you I would know it was probably banter. Leave it there then.
Really gone off topic with this thread as well!
Very impressive car.

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

It's like you're in the room! Scary! lol

Nah, it's not really a sleeper in that sense.

Corb's 5 door K10 is a sleeper, especially if it gets an engine transplant from something more exciting...

i.e. GA16, SR20, choke choke, 20B, choke choke, SBC!:devil:

4" exhaust piping is fucking massive!!!

So far, I have fabricated the 90 degree turn past the alternator and it clears (by about 1 mm).

One hard bit done, one to go!!!

It may be awkward to work with, but fuck me it should flow well!!!

The sale is on hold at the moment.

If for some reason the sale falls through, having a proper exhaust will help to sell it.

Oh yeah, I forgot to update this thread with my 4" exhaust build, so I'll run you guys through what I have achieved so far.

Here's what we had before with the 3" side exit setup...

ExhaustDownpipe.jpg

The first problem, as stated before, was clearing the alternator.

After taking a number of measuremennts, I figured the only way to clear the alternator was to go with a tight, yet high flowing 4" bend and then to blend the v-band flange to the piping.

It ended up looking something like this...

DSCF0786.jpg

DSCF0787.jpg

DSCF0788.jpg

DSCF0789.jpg

Please ignore the welding, as this was only the first stage, before blending the weld to the piping and polishing it.

So with the intial elbow done, I had to remove the exhaust, which was simple enough and here's what it looked like for those interested...

DSCF0790.jpg

Once that was done, I had to convert the original GT 4 bolt to 3" V-band adapter, to accept the flange for a 4" V-band setup. This is where things turned nasty as there is just no access and exhaust nuts are a fudge packing nightmare. Anyways after about an hour swearing and many a scraped knuckle, I managed to remove the flange.

Here you can see how awkward access was, especially for the one nearest the radiator...

DSCF0792.jpg

So after removing the adapter, I proceeded to weld the 4" V-band flange to the original adapter...

DSCF0793.jpg

After refitting the newly made flange, I attached the elbow and luckily it cleared the alternator...

DSCF0795.jpg

DSCF0796.jpg

I will continue the build next weekend.

Cheers

Dave

Good stuff Dave, coming on nicely. I've had a few skinned knuckles of my own this week, putting the 'charger back on & trying to improve things at the same time :)

The V-Band clamp should be fairly tight.

You will know when you come to remove it as the bolt will be bend, thuis you overtightened it...LOL!

I did this before, and also stripped the bolt threads before.

That's what happens when you work on trucks for a living!

5000000 nm torque for every bolt there is!

mmm mine on my downpipe seemed to get loose, so Ive tightened it up again dont want to break it though :no:

Hey Dave, I know this isn't going to help you at all now, but did you ever consider using a top mount manifold? A friend has one on his 450hp GTiR, cheap £90 ebay one for a 200sx, strengthened a bit especially around the welds. He had to notch the bonnet skin and top crossmember slightly to fit it, but you can't see it at all from outside and no clearance issues on the downpipe.

Back
Top Bottom