'The Sleeper'

The V-Band clamp should be fairly tight.

You will know when you come to remove it as the bolt will be bend, thuis you overtightened it...LOL!

I did this before, and also stripped the bolt threads before.

That's what happens when you work on trucks for a living!

5000000 nm torque for every bolt there is!

amen to all of that mate. i was wondering about your asbo video in the other page, was it DAF trucks that i saw? you work at the DAF dealers? i used to work for the merc truck and van dealer down here but i work with 2 lads that left the same place to start up on there own.

is it just me or is it loads nicer working on trucks than cars? loads more room, the only downside is how fucking heavy everything is :lol: doing discs and pads on a truck is like a bastard workout at the gym

Hey Dave, I know this isn't going to help you at all now, but did you ever consider using a top mount manifold? A friend has one on his 450hp GTiR, cheap £90 ebay one for a 200sx, strengthened a bit especially around the welds. He had to notch the bonnet skin and top crossmember slightly to fit it, but you can't see it at all from outside and no clearance issues on the downpipe.

I did consider it, but then thoughabout having to redo the intake piping as well, so thought bollocks to that.

Cheers anyways!

amen to all of that mate. i was wondering about your asbo video in the other page, was it DAF trucks that i saw? you work at the DAF dealers? i used to work for the merc truck and van dealer down here but i work with 2 lads that left the same place to start up on there own.

is it just me or is it loads nicer working on trucks than cars? loads more room, the only downside is how fucking heavy everything is :lol: doing discs and pads on a truck is like a bastard workout at the gym

Yes, it's a DAF dealership that I work for.

Just about everything is easier to work on thanks to the extra space, but the weight of things...UUUGHHHHH!!!!

Who said that a 4" system wouldn't fit...

DSCF0797.jpg

DSCF0799.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

DSCF0801.jpg

DSCF0802.jpg

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0806.jpg

DSCF0807.jpg

DSCF0808.jpg

DSCF0809.jpg

DSCF0810.jpg

and the solution to the big hole for the side-exit exhaust, which I am going to use for the external wastegate pipe...

DSCF0812.jpg

Unfortunately, I ran out of gas just as I was starting to actually weld the system, so it will need to wait a few more weeks...doh!

Anyways, I'm buggered and my eyes are killing me, just glad that the hard bit is done!

Cheers

Dave

thats fuckin loow!!!!

The problem is the shear size of the piping...there just isn't room for the stuff.

This is the absolute maximum that you could fit under here though. I had to make a few alterations in places so that it would clear and it is very close to parts in some places.

You're going to need some sort of mesh on the back of that to stop cats sleeping in it but other than that it's pretty damn impressive effort. :cool2:

very nice effort Dave, me thinks your gonna hear the scrapping of stainless steel on every bump! :lol:

Steve

Cheers bud, but it isn't that far below the original position.

I may weld up an extension onto the engine support to prevent the worst from happening, but I'll see how bad it is when it's fitted again.

Baller thats all that needs saying really.. can i have your car now dave and ill treat it to my VVL head and shit.. i promis ill look after her and rag it only on the track :innocent:

Not that im interested in buying but out of curiousity how much are you looking for it?

Back
Top Bottom