'The Sleeper'

I forgot about the whole multiple thread thing and keep postings updates on other threads...tit!!!

Anyways, as posted on the other thread, I fitted the non-adjustable kit (as provided by Ross aka RA JAckson...cheers bud) last Sunday along with the refitment of the stock GTi rear strut brace.

After a few tweeks due to a clearance issue with the 4" exhaust system, I had it fitted and gave it a test drive.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT....what a difference!

As said before, this should have been fitted from the factory!

Seriously guys, for those who do not have one, get one!!!

A few photos of the ARB installed (yes, I know they suck but I wanted to show that the exhaust also clears the rear beam...

ARB2.jpg

ARB1.jpg

Ooooh, and a few photos of the mahooooooosive tailpipe...

DSCF0814.jpg

DSCF0837.jpg

DSCF0836.jpg

impressive stuff dave :)
how much have you lowered your car on the rear?
i see your on Ksports, but is it high/std ride hight for the strip?

and yes i agree with joe too! lol

just found this pic, is it still like this?
DSCF0430.jpg

impressive stuff dave :)
how much have you lowered your car on the rear?
i see your on Ksports, but is it high/std ride hight for the strip?

and yes i agree with joe too! lol

just found this pic, is it still like this?
DSCF0430.jpg

Nope, it isn't as high as that anymore, as I lowered it when I fitted the 400 lb springs.

That looks awesome Dave! I'd love to hear how it sounds, bet it's incredibly loud but really deep. Any vids?

Oh and do you get any problems with the local cats hiding up it at night? LOL

Just a few more videos of the day...

Me out dragging everything up the back straight with the Evo X chasing me again (this happened for several laps)...

[video=youtube;M8HYkpjobE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8HYkpjobE8[/video]

and again...

[video=youtube;B3pXE_xTWmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3pXE_xTWmw[/video]

and me at 1.45 out dragging the GTiR despite the traction issues...

[video=youtube;WM84bkqoyZ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM84bkqoyZ8[/video]

It really was great to get back out on track again. I now realise why I hated racing at Crail so much, because the setup at Knockhill is far more professional.

I have checked the car over after the event and all seems to be well.

There was a shit load of oil in the oil catch can but I can only put this down to the contantly high RPM levels (mostly above 6500 rpm for the duration).

Either that or the engine is actually creating a partial vacuum and is sucking the oil out of the rocker cover. I felt no lack of power, so I doubt that the rings are shagged.

I will take a look at the breather system and may change it to vent to atmosphere rather than back into the intake via the catch can, but one things for sure...

ROLL ON 2011!!!

P.S. Where's the footage and photos Ross / Chris?

The GTiR is quick, I guarantee you that.

It was the first time that Scott(the GTiR owner) had had the car out for two years and was virtually giving it a shakedown.

If you watch some of his other video, you can see him giving it more beans.

The car is just slightly slower than the Evo X up the main straight, there wasn't too much in it.

As for the Clio, if it's the one that I am thinking about (the silver one) then it was damn quick. He was al over me like a rash in the corners and on the straights he would keep up with me.

Oh and if the GTiR had my engine, he could kiss his gearbox goodbye...LOL!

Agreed that the GTiR looked slow...
I would have raped his sorry arse..
NA!!
(infact I did pass a pulsar a few years back at donnington - faggot driver though!)
Joe

Back
Top Bottom