'The Sleeper'

A few incar videos from the last outing at Crail Raceway - 3rd April 2011...

Me driving the car to a new PB (for the car) of 12.86 secs @ 124.3 mph...

[video=youtube;GqxyC9vmRTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqxyC9vmRTg[/video]

and with Willie in the passenger seat, being a bit lost for words...

[video=youtube;o9zz4lMD8Xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9zz4lMD8Xc[/video]

God that surface is bumpy as hell isnt it!!

lol love your mate's reaction :lol:

OK, with a decision to try and make the car go faster, without spending any money (or as little as possible), I decided that the only way to do this was to strip the car of all it's un-necessary weight. If after doing this that we see no improvement, be it quicker time and / or faster terminal speed, then we shall go down the K10 Micra route.

So, gone are the spare wheel, tool kit, jack, panels, rear seats and passenger seat, all sound deadening, carpet, roof lining, passenger door lock mechanism.

I recon after the fitment of a bucket seat and harness, that somewhere in the region of 80 kgs will have been shead!

I also removed the complete dash to gain access to the rubber mat that runs up to the windscreen.

However, when I came to start the car to leave my work, the fuel pump was not priming and the CEL was blinking like crazy. The tach' was also flicking to 4500 rpm. The engine would turn over, but no fire!

I took a look at the Power FC hand controller and it showed the battery voltage being 5.4 volts, however at the battery itself, it was actaully the usual 12.9 volts.

It seems I may have snagged a wire somewhere...DOH!

I HATE ELECTRICS!!!

be interesting to see how the car takes all that power but been light as well... I know when I did this in the Primera it became very twitchy at the rear end under hevy breaking...

K10 project... would you be simply taking the engine from the Almera and plonking it into the K10, or a different and new project all together? I have often thought about a K10 project myself... but house bills, wedding, new kitchen keep getting in the way lol

myself and nistro are planning a K10 project once we finish his turbo conversion, obviously not on the same scale as yours would be if it happens dave lol, seems like k10's are the new black :yes:

K10 project... would you be simply taking the engine from the Almera and plonking it into the K10, or a different and new project all together? I have often thought about a K10 project myself... but house bills, wedding, new kitchen keep getting in the way lol

Yeah pretty much, take what I have and put in into the K10 chassis, albeit try to keep it looking like a K10, with steel wheels and small (ish) brakes.

about time dave, you got a time in full road trim, lets see what a lighter botty can do.

not that it makes much difference but for comparison i dropped 0.6 (15.4 to 14.8) seconds off just by gutting mine so there we go

Who needs this junk anyways...

DSC00007.jpg

Oh and a little something I picked up today for the tidy sum of only £40...

DSC00013.jpg

The seat is made from Kevlar and only weighs 4.9 kgs and the frame is a genuine Bride.

Even if it doesn't fit straight in, I'll still be able to make it work.

Now where's the welder?

Car's fixed!

Was the main fuse for the ECCS relay, but fuck knows how it had blown!

Anyways...

Stripped out interior + lots of horsepower = HOLY CRAP!

HOLY CRAP!

Dave your power adjective "Holy Crap" gets mentioned by you quite a lot. You need to come up with a higher state of crapness to reflect the awesome awesome power on power that seems to escalate on your thread!

I expect you to hit the sound barrier next lol!

Back
Top Bottom