'The Sleeper'

If you take at look at Scott's other videos from the day, you will see that the car is in no way slow.

As stated before, he was on a test day, hence why he was taking it easy on the corners and with gear changes.

If you are that confident that you would rape his ass, put your money where you mouth is...LOL!

Oh yeah, NA sucks, boost up your ass!

Oh yeah...

BOOST.png

Gutted I got my dates crossed and had agreed to work the 13th after saying I'd come :( Damn you work overtime.

Just awesome!

You missed a good day bud, albeit with pish weather!

I'm looking to head up again in February, so I'll let you know.

Btw I tried to get the pics and vids from iPhone but ain't working for some reason! I'll get pics from mate asap

As I mentioned before, after so many laps at Knockhill with constant high RPM levels, my oil catch tank was being filled, so much so that I had to empty it once at the track and again when I got home.

Thinking that the engine might actually be creating a partial vacuum and sucking the oil out of the rocker cover and into the intake, I decided to make a few changes.

So today I did the following.

Firstly I removed the PCV and filter and blocked it off with a simple plug and o-ring type washer...

EngineBreatherMod2-1.jpg

I then removed the hose connected from the oil catch can to the intake pipe before the turbo and fitted the filter...

EngineBreatherMod1-1.jpg

I then blocked off the port on the intake pipe, so that the engine would not draw any un-metered air...

EngineBreatherMod3.jpg

After starting it up I noticed the amount of smoke / gases that came from the filter, thinking WTF, but after the engine had heated up this virtually disappeared.

I can only put it down to the forged pistons and advised ring gaps, but I will keep an eye on it.

I gave the car a good run for the first time since last week and then checked everything out...no issues, no leaks!

Power is very good and there was no oil in the catch can so I appear to have cured the problem.

JOB DONE!!!

I wouldn't block it off completely, as the gases need to escape somehow.

I would love to measure the emissions that come from my car, both under the bonnet, at the screamer pipe and at the rear tailpipe.

VOSA would love me!

Emissions...fuck 'em!

nice one dave, that looks like a diff bung or something? 12mm allen key :lol: you sound like me using truck parts on your car :ninja: win

I'm gunna use an old GM smog pump, fit a catch can on the line from the valve cover, put a filter on the pcv or block it off, and fit a line from the catch can to the air pump. So the pump will put a small vacuum on the valve cover at all times which will improve ring seal and decrease crankcase pressure

Back
Top Bottom