'The Sleeper'

Dave your power adjective "Holy Crap" gets mentioned by you quite a lot. You need to come up with a higher state of crapness to reflect the awesome awesome power on power that seems to escalate on your thread!

I expect you to hit the sound barrier next lol!

OK, point taken!

Lets put it this way, when I gave it a blast in 3rd on 18 psi, it scared me.

That hasn't happened since I was in 'Little Bandit', so it must be good or bad depending on how you look at it!

all it needs now is a VVL head

Shut up you!

all it needs now is a VVL head
Don't think VVL will make any difference to this build, his problem is traction. Dave... Have you ever tried your 0 - 60ft in 3rd gear? th3k3ymast3r has the same problem in that 1st and 2nd gears are pointless.

IMHO the only way you're going to make 10's/11's is to put the engine in the boot.

A 3rd gear launch, oh God no, that would result in either a stall or serious wheel spin, most likely the stall.

To launch in 2nd, I have to rev it to 6000 rpm so that it doesn't bog down, but even then it just roasts the tyres.

I have a few ideas, some of which I am in the process of doing, so hopefully traction will improve over the next few months.

Good news though, the R32 Bride Seat Subframe fits the front to mounting holes perfectly and the n/s/r bracket point sits perfectly on top of the original bracket.

I plan on welding the n/s/r bracket point to the original bracket, still allowing me to remove the frame, so that will work no problems.

The o/s/r bracket point on the other hand lines up, but will place the bolt underneath the actual runner of the frame, so I will have to fabricate something to make this work, but no big issues there.

HI HO, HI HO, IT'S OFF TO THE WORKSHOP I GO!!!

Get some proper tyres & run on a proper track.
You have the potential for just as much power as GRE, who ran 11.0s.
SORT IT OUT BRO!!
Joe

Reactions: edk
And if anyone's ever seen the videos of GRE... the 11's he did were on a track similar to Crail, not very well prepared at all!!
EDIT, what I'm trying to say is, DAVE... You've got the car stripped now, you've got the power, get some Mickey's or Hoosiers, run on a prepped track and you could do some SERIOUS times... x

Stripped to f**K...

StrippedInterior2.jpg

There are a few things that I could take out yet, like the dash, support beam behind the dash, a few brackets etc, but the majority of things are gone.

I just need my harness now to complete the look!

Free power y0 :lol:

Felt(?) for doorcard is a neat touch.

Yeah, I got the idea from Rowdy, but I will have to rip it off again if the plastic window group buy goes ahead!

Then I can do both sides with felt and have a cable to release the door lock, like I had on the Micra.

Does it feel any different?

Eh, noisy, that's for sure, but it was already fast in the first place, so it is hard to tell just how much of a difference it has made.

But losing 80 kgs (give or take 10-15 kgs) will make a difference, but how much remains to be seen.

looks great dave, but if i want a run now i'm going to have to jam my back into the rear seat/fuel tank rise and my feet into the seat mounting bar and hang on for dear life :eek::lol:

Back
Top Bottom