'The Sleeper'

At last you've seen sense! Only joking mate. I think you've gone as far as street tyres will allow. When are you goin to be running with these new shoes?

Probably at the Banzai event @ Crail, mid June.

I am also considering going with a fuel cell and mounting it in the passenger footwell, to push the weight further to the front over the drivetrain.

I'll need to see how the funds are though, as I don't want to go nuts!

Good news is, harness arrived today and is fitted!

Nothing ele has a hope in hell lol!!

Not in the FWD class, no, unless I break something that is!

After seeing that Civic Type R, with the supposed 450ish BHP, for it only to run mid 13's at 110ish mph, I realised it must be using American BHP figures!

Not in the FWD class, no, unless I break something that is!

After seeing that Civic Type R, with the supposed 450ish BHP, for it only to run mid 13's at 110ish mph, I realised it must be using American BHP figures!

its 467hp at 10psi and rev limit at 7000rpm. once he gets some fuelling issues sorted, rev limit to 8000 or over and 22psi, youll have a race on trust me!

its 467hp at 10psi and rev limit at 7000rpm. once he gets some fuelling issues sorted, rev limit to 8000 or over and 22psi, youll have a race on trust me!

ooookkkk. i dont think you comprehend how funny what you just said was.

so lemme get this straight.

two cars with circa 450hp is not "a race"?

so you are saying for the civic to "equal" the almera... its gonna need 600+ hp?

case closed... honda's suck baws.

I'm simply saying that his 110mph terminals don't equate to the power output that has been quoted.

One of my work collegues has an older brother who owns a Civic Type R that is supercharged, with filter, exhaust and ECU and makes circa 300 BHP. He runs 107-108 mph terminals at Crail with everything on board.

I can't see that a car that supposedly has an additional 150 BHP can only run another 2-3 MPH quicker, with roughly the same ET.

so you are saying for the civic to "equal" the almera... its gonna need 600+ hp?

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

I was simply stating the figures and facts that i know. Two cars with equal hp is a race but 1 car not near its full potential against the other isnt. Hence once its done its a drag race i wanna seego down. And i never said anything about it being 600+hp. Afterall bhp is just a figure, its all about power/weight in the end which dave is losing plenty of :D

Look i know youve always got something to say cause your so great in every way but just wait and see. We know daves almera is fucking nuts. The weight loss and proper tyres will help for sure. Its just its a mates car and theres no point in speaking crap about it when when its had lots of work/money spent on it just like daves car and that it will run serious times. Case closed for me and sorry dave for blabbing on your thread :)

I think what Ross is saying is that a 450bhp civic cant match a 450bhp almera. Your saying the civic needs more power to make it even... Hence hondas fail :lol:

you all forgetting that this figure of 450bhp does not mean a huge amount... its how the power is delivered over the entire rev range, how the gearbox and diff handle the power and how its translated to movment at the wheels and the level of grip...

so yes 2 different motors which claim 450bhp will be different

anyway - this thread is really making me miss both my 200sx and Primera lol

I think what Ross is saying is that a 450bhp civic cant match a 450bhp almera. Your saying the civic needs more power to make it even... Hence hondas fail :lol:

Thanks liam. Nail on head.

Stani im glad you see how great i am, feel free to sing my glories to the world.

P.s honduh gots no torque

you all forgetting that this figure of 450bhp does not mean a huge amount... its how the power is delivered over the entire rev range, how the gearbox and diff handle the power and how its translated to movment at the wheels and the level of grip...

so yes 2 different motors which claim 450bhp will be different

Yup! and the Nissan puts it down better :D

so they dont get any better with more power either? heck im sure ive seen joe beat plenty of CTR's down shakies lol

Another 10.2 kgs of unnecessary stuff as found behind the dashboard, and eh half of the dashboard and support bar...

DashboardStuff.jpg

I'll need to get me a kitcar type heater for demisting purposes, but I should be able to get one from Ebay for a decent price!

Back
Top Bottom