'The Sleeper'

There's not that much left to be honest.

I mean, all the vents, un-used switches, brackets, plastic shrouds, screws, bolts etc have been removed.

Literally all that remains in the interior is the following...

Driver's seat, frame and harness.
Battery and tray
Secondary Fuel Pump Relay
Half dash (just there so I have something to stick the cluster gauge and secondary boost controller on)
Dash / steering column support (only there to hold up the dash and steering column, plus attach the electrical relays / fuses
Wiring looms and ECU
Rear view mirror
Driver's door card, to hold the electric window switches and door handle

That is it!

Anything that isn't need has gone. I know that I could start cutting off the un-used brackets like dash mount and rear seat brackets, but there is probably only 1/2 a kilo at most in all of them

This is one lightweight Almera!!!

lol I have visions of you using one massive grinder and going into the dash with it, taking the plastic and support bar all in one go :lol:.

Nah, I had the dash out again to mod the support bar, as it really doesn't do shit on the passenger side.

It is now half the size and still very sturdy!

As for the dash, I simply heated a wallpaper scraper on the cooker flames and them melt-cut my way through the dash sections!

GHETTO BABY, GHETTO AS FUCK!

Kitchen stinks of burnt plastic though...DOH!

I think things need clarified for those who maybe weren't at Crail but have seen other videos put up.

There's a yellow EP3 that's had a massive turbo strapped to it and is running low 13's. When I spoke to him he said he didn't know what he was running but those with "similar spec" were running around 4-450hp. He did say his didn't have a proper map on it yet though...

Three years ago at Banzai a red supercharged EP3 (with a full interior albeit some carbon fibre panels and seats) with 330hp was beaten by 0.3ecs by Dave's car...when it was running 350 WHP (420bhp?).

Steve's EK (the Green B18 which kept breaking) is the only other thing I know off that could give you a decent run, and I doubt he'll be prepared to go on the 1/4 in June as it's still awaiting some bit and mapping once the boost controller is dialed in.

Three years ago at Banzai a red supercharged EP3 (with a full interior albeit some carbon fibre panels and seats) with 330hp was beaten by 0.3ecs by Dave's car...when it was running 350 WHP (420bhp?)

Dude, it was fully stripped out, par the passenger seat, of which he removed to race me, still being beaten by quite a bit.

It was good off the line, but he didn't have the power to hold me off at top end.

The difference in terminal speeds showed the difference in power output, as I think he was running in the region of 108-109 mph and I was running in th region of 115-117.5 mph

The finished article...

DSC00003-1.jpg

looking great dave :)

loose the rear strut brace tho and get your angle grinder out on the the inner rear 1/4s :)

keep up the good work man :)

THEY HAVE ARRIVED...

MHSlicks1.jpg

MHSlicks2.jpg

They are quoted as being 8.5" wide, but by running them at low pressures, I can see an easy 10" contact patch.

Definately wider than the 235's or the old MT slicks.

They better hook up!

I also removed all the unneccesary brackets from the interior, that were no longer doing squat, and also the steering column surround and cluster gauge glass screen (hey, it all adds up).

Maybe half a kilo if I'm lucky...LOL!

Not yet bud, not yet!

I know they will not be ideal, but they are definately going to hook up better than anything else previously used.

you say just removed a few brackets here and there... but all those times you removed just the odd bracket here and there in total could add up to a fair bit overall!

Back
Top Bottom