'The Sleeper'

I ordered a Varley Red Top 15 battery and holder on Saturday, which is going to save me another 10 kgs.

10_vrt15_5_360.jpg

rt15-bracket.jpg

My current battery is just over 17 kgs...WTF!!!

It will also allow me to bolt it to the bulkhead, thus putting the weight over the front end, hopefully helping with traction (yeah, right, like that's gonna happen!)

Just want to get home now from Spain so I can get to work on the car!

oh nice 1 dave,good batteries them,its what im going for in the R,only mine will be going in the back

Ill be putting mine under the passenger seat balance out some of my weight but more importantly keeps the weight lowest in the car helping the centre of gravity

Sent from my X10i using my penis

Well all I can say is BOLLOCKS!

After watching back the final video of the last outing of Crail, my fears were confirmed.

After selecting 2nd gear, I revved the engine and dumped the clutch, but unfortunately the car almost stalled. Thinking that it was maybe too much, I selected 1st, did the same again, but no smoke!

I remember the revs climbing, but there was no smoke.

I fear that the clutch is on its way out again, so in order to prevent a serious failure while using the M&H slicks at next months Banzai event, I've done something stupid and ordered my new clutch setup.

acura_stage7.jpe

Rated at 800lbft, it will hold or else I will kill someone!

Fingers crossed it gets here in time!

The gearbox won't be seeing any more torque than it usually does, but the clutch will hold the torque which it has been struggling with after some abuse!

Good to see you're keeping an eye on the budget Dave! Awesome looking clutch. Like you say if that doesn't hold it nothing will.

Good to see you're keeping an eye on the budget Dave!

Uuuugh, don't remind me!

Serious OT for me for the next few months, but I would rather do that than go to Crail next month and break it on the first run, looking like a right twat!

if you were a vvl owner instead of that silly great turbo you'd probably have run a better time than goin to wheelspin city

oh no he diii''''nnnttttt

if you were a vvl owner instead of that silly great turbo you'd probably have run a better time than goin to wheelspin city

oh no he diii''''nnnttttt

Oooooooooooooooh!

I totally envy you. I mean it's not like a VVL owner would ever need more than a stock clutch!

RIGHT BACK AT YA FUCKO!

^^^ i love this forum :)

As for the clutch. . damn! if you make that slip id be shocked, best of luck at the thrash!

Oooooooooooooooh!

I totally envy you. I mean it's not like a VVL owner would ever need more than a stock clutch!

RIGHT BACK AT YA FUCKO!

vvl is only any good with a turbo.............on its own it's quite boring.

Dave has the clutch got sprung/damp'd centre's your buying?

Back
Top Bottom